Much like 2021, an OT loss gonna spring us into a win streak and the playoffs

JÂy RÛßeÒ

In 2021, the OT loss to the Bucs was our final regular season loss after a 3-5 lull.  This year the Philly OT loss also put us at 3-5 over the 8 game span and we haven't lost since.

Some things I've taken notice of the last 2 weeks as opposed to earlier in the season which give me hope:

1) Way more physical on both sides of the ball.  I felt like we got pushed around by Cinci in last year's playoff loss, and similarly against Jacksonville and others this year.  We're getting downright nasty out there now.
2) As was discussed here and everywhere, I've seen improvement from McDermott.  Defense is way more aggressive.  And we seem to have turned a corner as far as making halftime adjustments for us and reacting to halftime adjustments from our opponents.  Also, I see a better use of timeouts.
3) Our new offensive coordinator does not seem to have tendencies yet.  Dorsey was a run on first, throw on 2nd and long and 3rd and long guy.  He'd use the run to set up the pass and once the pass was established, not much more running.  Brady is not set in anything, and obviously is willing to commit to the run.

🤞

Hot take:

Everyone says McD has been "more aggressive" when, in reality, he was blitzing at a MUCH higher rate earlier in the year, to mixed results (looking at Pats game and Denver game in particular).

I think moreso, McD has had a much better feel for when to simulate pressure and when to actually bring it, and what we are seeing is a lower true blitz rate, but a much better defensive result overall. And that's been pretty consistent since the bye.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.