Johnson Number One WR

NJG

I don't agree with it but I can understand it. Palmer did very well in his first full year as the starter and many are predicting he will be much better this year. IF that is the case Johnson could be set for a big year.

Combine that with Holt's numbers deminishing last year - Harrison had a down year because Manning spread it around more - and Owens is being a F-head which may affect his production.

I can see it.

• 2 weeks later...

after having that inability to draft Chad Johnson the last couple of years....just because. (don't you all have players that for whatever reason, you just can't pick and place on your roster?)

this year however I love Chad Johnson. He is so much the real deal. However I still cannot see myself taking him if Moss, Owens, Holt or Harrison were still on the board. I guess it will depend on how things look in pre-season.

as far as Andre Johnson goes...I like him a lot too. I have read a lot of people are down on him this year because of the inabilities of David Carr. Also a combination of the rise of Dominick Davis and the sometimes downside of their Offensive Line. Regardless,...I have Andre Johnson ranked #6.

• 2 weeks later...

If any of you saw the NFL's skills competition during the Pro Bowl week, then you'd know why Johnson is so highly rated.

They had a drill where the WRs had to go in a circle catching passes thrown to them, and Johnson caught nearly everything thrown in his way. Amazing!

I wonder where TO is going in present day drafts...

375200[/snapback]

Average Fantasy Football Draft Position

You can monkey around with this link. You can change the dates of mock drafts held on "antsports.com" and change the position.

You can also change from 10 team leagues to 12 team leagues and also change if a TE is required or not.

Since June 1st, in 10 Team Leagues where you have a flex position with no TE required, Terrell Owen's ADP is 2.04

I still think Moss is #1, (he's just such an endzone threat), followed by Marvin, then maybe Chad can be number 3. Owens will probably have another big season, but right now he falls under the category of being a gamble, you dont want to be using top round picks on a gamble.

Chad Johnson is one of those guys who is on the bubble in most drafts. He is typically the third receiver taken, behind Moss and Owens.

Harrison really has slid due to the utter balance of the Colts' passing attack. Manning just doesn't use Harrison as a crutch the way he used to. The result is fewer catches, fewer yards, and fewer touchdowns. He's still solid, and is normally one of the top receivers off the board, but he is no longer mentioned in the same breath with Moss and Owens.

Since Owens was asked about, he is usually the second receiver taken. People believe that Moss will still be a stud in Oakland, although he is a little lower than he was last year. Moss was often a first round pick in 2004, but between the failure of the stud WR theory, combined with his injury and move to Oakland, Moss has generally been a second rounder. He is often followed closely (within 5 or 6 picks) by Owens.

CJ, AJ, Harrison, Holt, Ward, Horn, and Walker are generally mixed up in the next tier, with Chad Johnson most often going as the third receiver off the board.

He's in a very optimistic situation. He's young and brash, but has a track record of delivering on his trash talk. Fantasy owners have been very high on him so far, and it doesn't surprise me at all that he is considered by many to be the #1. After all, receivers who switch teams usually struggle, and Owens is talking holdout (which I don't believe for a second will actually happen).

He is without a doubt on my shortlist.

381018[/snapback]

Watch out for the WR's in Detroit this year! They will have a HUGE year and Harrington will come around as well now that they have Jones as full time starter at RB!

Watch out for the WR's in Detroit this year! They will have a HUGE year and Harrington will come around as well now that they have Jones as full time starter at RB!

381368[/snapback]

Detroit may have a good year, but fantasy wise they'll be crap for awhile. With all those weapons it's impossible to get the ball around enough to anyone.

Once the year goes on it should become a little more clear who the "go to guy" will be, who the "touchdown" guy will be, and whose the guy to leave on the bench.

Until then, I'd stay away from all of them until late rounds.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.