The democrat party: Abortions and pot.

3 hours ago, LDD said:

I didn't say it didn't happen all the time and there's a complete expectation on my part that it does happen...for a tradeoff.  Usually I get something out of the deal.  In the case of pot and abortions I don't get anything but hassled.  I've never had an abortion or had to deal with that in my life but I fully understand it's not my business...AT ALL...and it certainly isn't the government's...although I do appreciate and understand your point about the insurance costs.  But, we all pay for people's decisions through insurance, that's kind of the idea of insurance.  

As far as the other...I haven't smoked pot in 20 years.  I have two different professional positions that put me in random drug testing pools and I won't take the chance.  That doesn't mean I believe that my tax money should be spent on the enforcement of a ban on a plant...really??  Processed hard drugs, that's a different conversation.  This place (this board) is funny.  I believe that the federal gov't should stay out of marijuana laws and everyone thinks I'm "high" or a "pot toking hippie"...I wish.  

I don’t really think you’re a pot toking hippie, after all how would I know?  I just like to end some of my posts with a flourish.  

You keep talking trade-offs, and I keep saying the same thing. Your trade off is my “Don’t tread on me”.   Not literally, perhaps, but most definitely figuratively. 

As far as abortion rights as a voting citizen, of course it’s your business.   As it stands, using Ohio again, a person’s  right to choose ends at 21 weeks absent extenuating circumstances.  In other words, the government decides from there.  Pro choice becomes pro-life…poof…just like that.  Maybe you don’t care about abortion rights all the way to delivery, but maybe I do.  How else do you make your voice heard than by voting to extend the version of control you favor? 

As for marijuana, my biggest issue is the conflicting clusterf$ck of rules and regulations guiding same.  Still, we hit the point when the state steps in and says you got too much, and then you have problems. 

End of the day, it’s up to you as to whether you care or not.  I simply reject the assertion that it’s unreasonable to hold an opinion and vote one’s beliefs on any pressing matter of the day, whether it directly impacts you or not. 

• Thank you (+1) 1