The Futureheads

Anybody who's looking for a great college/brit pop/indie rock show, go see The Futureheads. Just saw them tonight in NYC at Webster Hall. That sh-- was tight. Blew Franz Ferdinand away!!!

Those of you stuck in 1963, 1973, 1983, or 1993, nevermind.

Especially the dude who still likes BNL.

Goo

Anybody who's looking for a great college/brit pop/indie rock show, go see The Futureheads. Just saw them tonight in NYC at Webster Hall. That sh-- was tight. Blew Franz Ferdinand away!!!

Those of you stuck in 1963, 1973, 1983, or 1993, nevermind.

Especially the dude who still likes BNL.

Goo

352582[/snapback]

I'll tell you what, rock died in or about 1993, pal.

you sound like our parents and grandparents, you have to roll with the changes and explore new music, there is actually alot of good stuff out there and it isn't really that hard to find!

352905[/snapback]

you sound like our parents and grandparents, you have to roll with the changes and explore new music, there is actually alot of good stuff out there and it isn't really that hard to find!

353008[/snapback]

All the shizznit I hear on the radio is that same hybrid hip-hop/metal Limp Bizkit/Linkin Park CRAP.

That ain't rock.

Don't get me started on what passes for "punk" today, either.

If someone can provide me with a decent ROCK band, I'd be more than happy to give it a listen.

I guess maybe Jet is close.

just off the top of my head I can say green day, u2, foo fighters, queens of the stone age, coldplay, radiohead, etc... and for the geezers out there, check out the "new" duran duran, it isn't half bad

Anyone? Bueller?

:lol:

353027[/snapback]

All the shizznit I hear on the radio is that same hybrid hip-hop/metal Limp Bizkit/Linkin Park CRAP.

That ain't rock.

Don't get me started on what passes for "punk" today, either.

If someone can provide me with a decent ROCK band, I'd be more than happy to give it a listen.

I guess maybe Jet is close.

353012[/snapback]

The new Spoon album, gimmie fiction is just pure, great rock and roll with a little flare. The Shins rock too. I could go on if you'd like.

just off the top of my head I can say green day, u2, foo fighters, queens of the stone age, coldplay, radiohead, etc... and for the geezers out there, check out the "new" duran duran, it isn't half bad

353049[/snapback]

Coldplay's OK, but they're a little too mellow.

Greenday and Foo fighters are two fake "punk" bands, IMO.

Noooo...

I'm looking for "new" bands that rock. Not artsy-fartsy stuff. Flat-out ROCK.

353697[/snapback]

you might like these:

Kings of Leon

The Darkness

Queens of the Stone Age

Danko Jones

The White Stripes (probably not)

Sam Roberts (maybe too poppy for you)

The Mars Volta

The Donnas (girls that idolize Kiss)

The Hives (more of a punk band)

Death from Above 1979

that's what I can think of for now, at least of some of the bands I'm currently listening to

you might like these:

Kings of Leon

The Darkness

Queens of the Stone Age

Danko Jones

The White Stripes (probably not)

Sam Roberts (maybe too poppy for you)

The Mars Volta

The Donnas (girls that idolize Kiss)

The Hives (more of a punk band)

Death from Above 1979

that's what I can think of for now, at least of some of the bands I'm currently listening to

353710[/snapback]

I've heard one song from the Queens of the Stone age, and it was good. The rest of the one album...eh.

I like the sound of that Death from Above, though....hmmm....

I've heard one song from the Queens of the Stone age, and it was good. The rest of the one album...eh.

I like the sound of that Death from Above, though....hmmm....

353715[/snapback]

I saw Death from Above open for Danko Jones about a year ago at Lee's Palace in Toronto and then I saw them a month after that at the Continental for like $3. There were only about 50 people at the Continental show, then like 4 months later their song is constantly playing on the radio and I see them perform on Conan O'Brien. The band is just two guys, a drummer (also vocals) and a bass player. Pretty interesting to see live.

I saw Death from Above open for Danko Jones about a year ago at Lee's Palace in Toronto and then I saw them a month after that at the Continental for like $3.  There were only about 50 people at the Continental show, then like 4 months later their song is constantly playing on the radio and I see them perform on Conan O'Brien.  The band is just two guys, a drummer (also vocals) and a bass player.  Pretty interesting to see live.

353717[/snapback]

What is it with two-person bands...what between the White Stripes and these guys?

How do you get 'er done with two people?

352905[/snapback]

Yeah, I think you're right. The band "Live" killed rock. But that's okay. It needed to die. It will come back stronger and better somewhere down the line. It's always a cycle. But why grump about it like your parents? Keep an open mind. Music should evolve. Enjoy what new bands bring to the table. Enjoy the new experience. When your classic rock comes back, you'll enjoy it even more.

Right now the best bands are...

The Futureheads

Franz Ferdinand

Iron & Wine

Arcade Fire

Emiliana Torrini

Bloc Party

British Sea Power

The Coral

The Streets

The Dears

Elbow

Elkland

Spoon

The Vines

Gorillaz

The Hives

Hot Hot Heat

Kasabian

Killers

The Kills

LCD Soundsystem

Libertines

Louis XIV

Magnetic Fields

The Shins

Walkmen

Zutons

Decemberists

Her Space Holiday

Kaiser Chiefs

Postal Service

Ted Leo & The PHarmacists

Interpol

White Stripes

Of Montreal

Ryan Adams

Gillian Welch

Coldplay

Wilco

U2

If you don't know any of these bands except the last three, you need to update your music collection a little.

Those of you who have Sirius Radio, tune into 26, Left of Center. You'll hear most of these bands.

Hope this helps.

Goo