2023 NFL Week 1 (9/10/2023) TV announcers (will post maps Wed.) [UPDATE: Buffalo DMA games added]

chongli

[Saturday, September 2 update:

Buffalo DMA (TV Market) only:

WIVB Channel 4 Buffalo (CBS):

1 PM - Cincinnati at Cleveland

4:25 PM - Philadelphia at New England

WUTV Channel 29 (or Spectrum Channel 6) Buffalo (FOX):

1 PM - San Francisco at Pittsburgh

4:25 PM - Green Bay at Chicago

see post 4 below]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2023&wk=1

https://www.paramountpressexpress.com/cbs-sports/releases/?view=106798-cbs-sports-unveils-2023-nfl-on-cbs-announcer-lineup-for-its-super-bowl-season

https://www.foxsports.com/presspass/blog/2023/08/25/fox-sports-takes-the-field-for-milestone-30th-season-of-fox-nfl-coverage/

NFL Week 1 2023 - September 10, 2023

National Broadcasts:

Thursday Night: 

Detroit at Kansas City (NBC)

Mike Tirico, Chris Collinsworth

Sunday Night: 

Dallas at New York Giants (NBC)

Mike Tirico, Chris Collinsworth

Monday Night:

Buffalo at New York Jets (ESPN/ABC)

Joe Buck, Troy Aikman

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Both CBS and FOX get a doubleheader Week 1 (and also Week 18).]

CBS Early:

Cincinnati at Cleveland

(2) Ian Eagle, Charles Davis, Evan Washburn

Tampa Bay at Minnesota

(4) Andrew Catalon, Tiki Barber, Matt Ryan, AJ Ross

Houston at Baltimore

(5) Spero Dedes, Adam Archuleta, Aditi Kinkhabwala

Tennessee at New Orleans

(7) Chris Lewis, Jason McCourty, Ross Tucker, Amanda Guerra

CBS Late:

Philadelphia at New England

(1) Jim Nantz, Tony Romo, Tracy Wolfson

Miami at Los Angeles Chargers

(3) Kevin Harlan, Trent Green, Melanie Collins

Las Vegas at Denver

(6) Tom McCarthy, James Lofton, Jay Feely, Tiffany Blackmon

FOX Early:

San Francisco at Pittsburgh

(2) Joe Davis, Daryl Johnston, Pam Oliver

Arizona at Washington

(3) Adam Amin, Mark Schlereth, Kristina Pink

Jacksonville at Indianapolis

Kenny Albert, Jonathan Vilma, Shannon Spake

Carolina at Atlanta

(6) Chris Myers, Robert Smith, Jen Hale

FOX Late:

Green Bay at Chicago

(1) Kevin Burkhardt, Greg Olsen, Erin Andrews, Tom Rinaldi

Los Angeles Rams at Seattle

Kevin Kugler, Mark Sanchez, Laura Okmin

Edited by chongli
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I have an update for with the UK TV schedule and announcers for Week 1 and for the Week 5 Jaguars-Bills game in London, as well as some comments.

https://www.skysports.com/nfl/news/12118/12950824/nfl-2023-season-live-on-sky-sports-kansas-city-chiefs-miami-dolphins-new-york-jets-and-san-francisco-49ers-in-action-across-opening-three-weeks

https://www.nfl.com/news/where-to-watch-the-nfl-in-2023-in-the-uk

UK:

SNF - NFL Kickoff

Friday, September 8 - 1:20 AM:

Detroit at Kansas City

Sky Sports NFL and Showcase

[Note: The opening NFL Kickoff Thursday night is part of the Sunday Night Football package (NBC) and is not referred as "Thursday Night Football" ("TNF"). TNF begins Week 2 with Amazon Prime.]

Sunday Early Game:

September 10 - 6 PM:

San Francisco at Pittsburgh

Sky Sports NFL and Part Sky Sports Main Event

[Neil Reynolds and Phoebe Schecter are anchoring the studios live from Acrisure Stadium]

[Phoebe Schecter is a former Buffalo Bills coach!]

skysports-phoebe-schecter-buffalo-bills_

Sunday Late Game:

September 10 - 9:25 PM:

Miami at Los Angeles Chargers

Sky Sports NFL

[Hannah Wilkes and Jason Bell are anchoring from the Sky Studios in London]

SNF:

Monday, September 11 - 1:20 AM:

Dallas at New York Giants

Sky Sports NFL and Sky Sports Main Event

MNF:

Tuesday, September 12 - 1:15 AM

Buffalo at New York Jets

Sky Sports NFL, Sky Sports Main Event, and Channel 5

[Channel 5 broadcasters: Kirsten Watson, Maurice Jones-Drew, Gregg Rosenthal]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sky Sports has also announced in the link above they will be covering three of the international games live and on location:

Week 6 (October 15): Baltimore vs. Tennessee at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, London

Week 9 (November 5): Miami vs. Kansas City at Deutsche Bank Park in Frankfurt, Germany

Week 10 (November 12):  Indianapolis vs. New England at Deutsche Bank Park in Frankfurt, Germany

That means, by default, that the UK's Channel 5 will cover the other two other international games (both London), as Sky Sports is showing rugby World Cup instead those weeks:

Week 4 (October 1): Atlanta vs. Jacksonville at Wembley Stadium, London

Week 5 (October 8): Jacksonville vs. Buffalo at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, London

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sky Sport on-screen team this season:

https://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/broadcasting/sky-sports-reveals-nfl-picks/5185472.article

Returning:

Neil Reynolds

Jason Bell

Hannah Wilkes

Pheobe Schecter

Dante Hall

New:

Super Bowl champion and 5x Pro Bowler Ndamukong Suh

Also available in the UK on Sundays beginning at 6 PM on Sky Sports Mix:

NFL Redzone hosted by Scott Hanson

https://www.nfl.com/news/where-to-watch-the-nfl-in-2023-in-the-uk

Comments:

So, the UK's Sky Sports each week broadcasts all the NFL prime-time games live (TNF, SNF, MNF) and also chooses two games (called "fixtures" in the UK) to show live every Sunday. If you look at the link above, which also has Sky Sports' schedule for Weeks 2 and 3, they have chosen to cover the Jets and Chiefs each time on Sunday in Weeks 2 and 3. So those two teams are being shown in the UK every time in Weeks 1-3 (prime time in Week 1 by default and by choice in Weeks 2 and 3). Damn...how much attention are they getting! I guess people across the pond are obsessed with Aaron Rodgers too. Buffalo will only be covered once in the UK the first three weeks, in Week 1 MNF, where Sky Sports has no choice but to show them. I guess our window has closed [sarcasm]!! Some people here ought to be happy about that.

And Sky Sports also states this in the link above:

"Sky Sports NFL announces its live fixtures [games] for Weeks 1-3 of the 2023 season, with Aaron Rodgers' New York Jets, Joe Burrow's Cincinnati Bengals and Patrick Mahomes' Kansas City Chiefs in action[.]"

And these are the graphics they chose to show for the NFL 2023 season in that link above:

skysports-nfl-live-sky-sports-nfl_626927

skysports-aaron-rodgers-new-york-jets_62

skysports-patrick-mahomes-justin-fields_

No Josh Allen!! I guess Buffalo doesn't draw numbers in the UK.

I'm not making a prediction, as I don't want to jinx our team (for those who believe in that sort of stuff), but wouldn't it be a shame if the Jets lost to Buffalo on MNF for the entire nation to see? I would love to see the meltdown that Tuesday.

Edited by chongli

Also, not really sure why I am going into such detail here about UK NFL TV, lol. I hope we have a lot of fans who live in the UK on this forum!

Another thing: earlier I tried typing "(September 8)" here,

and it changed to a smiley face, like this when I hit "enter" at the end of the line:

(September 😎

I only prevented it in the first instance above by not hitting "enter" at the end of the line.

Tentatively, these are the Sunday, September 10 games for Buffalo TV market (DMA) on zap2it, WIVB, and WUTV:

https://tvlistings.zap2it.com/

https://www.wivb.com/tv-listings/

https://wutv29.com/station/schedule

WIVB Channel 4 Buffalo (CBS):

1 PM - Cincinnati at Cleveland

4:25 PM - Philadelphia at New England

WUTV Channel 29 (or Spectrum Channel 6) Buffalo (FOX):

1 PM - San Francisco at Pittsburgh

4:25 PM - Green Bay at Chicago

[I'm not going to look up all the other area markets as there are 210 DMA's total! (doing so would be @YoloinOhioesque). I've spent way too much time posting here today, but the late games on both networks are the lead games, so they should be on most. Either you can check yourselves if you're curious, or just wait until Wednesday.]

But decisions, decisions (if I lived in Buffalo). SF-PIT will be the better early game, but of course we want to see what Cincy does as Cleveland always plays them tough. And for the late game, I want to see what Hack Jones does, but Love vs. Fields also excites me, as well as Edmunds' performance.

Edited by chongli

• chongli changed the title to 2023 NFL Week 1 (9/10/2023) TV announcers (will post maps Wed.) [UPDATE: Buffalo DMA games added]
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.