OT: ESPN backs out of NHL TV Contract

That's where it should be. The revenue stream doesn't justify more than 2 Mil for the teams best player. The NHL is NOT a major sport in North America, otherwise people would actually watch national games on major networks. I read where Girls softball games were garnering higher ratings on ESPN. Now they don't have a national contract in America.

The players must love playing for peanuts in Europe.  They need to wake up and be happy playing a kids game for 1-2 Mil a year or STFU.  :)

347366[/snapback]

The offers keep getting worse for the PA. We shall see where it ends up. I don't think they will get 42.5 with linkage....

I wouldn't even bother with the NHL if I were ESPN.  Hockey is dead.  The Stanley Cup Finals ratings are just horrible.  Why even bother with the NHL?  It's a dead league.

347124[/snapback]

Couldn't agree more. Hockey is completely dead in the south.

Couldn't agree more.  Hockey is completely dead in the south.

347754[/snapback]

Thats why they should not even have teams down there....it's a joke....thats like force feeding Neck-Car down northerners throats......contract every team in the South and the sport will thrive once again!!!!

I wouldn't even bother with the NHL if I were ESPN.  Hockey is dead.  The Stanley Cup Finals ratings are just horrible.  Why even bother with the NHL?  It's a dead league.

347124[/snapback]

Please......if Indiana had a team of it's own you would be banging their drum just like you do with those convicts (Pacers)!!

Couldn't agree more. Hockey is completely dead in the south.

I dont know, people that watch cars make a left hand turn for 2 hours will watch anything. Especially if the sport involves players missing teeth- they can identify with them.

they dont know or love hockey in the south...when the sabres made the cup, it was sold out in less than 10 minutes (or something like that), and last year when Tampa was in it, i took a look for tix to see if i could drive down there for a game, and they still had game 2,5,and 7 tix on sale after game 1 of the series...what a crock...and these tickets were through the TB box office, at face value!!!