Political Problems Could Be Avoided if They Would Leave Well Enough Alone !!

6 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Well this is certainly an unhinged rant devoid of facts or discernible point. 

For clarification, “‘most illegal immigrants come via ports of entry” =\= “all illegal immigrants come via ports of entry.” Didn’t realize I needed to point out that “most” and “all” are different words, but here we are. 

Also, I never mentioned Trump, blamed him, or even implied anything about him. He’s not germane to my argument in any way. 

Because most (again, not all) illegal immigrants come via ports of entry, a giant expensive wall is a terribly inefficient way to combat illegal immigration. It’s basically lighting money on fire to not solve the problem. Anyone supporting that as a solution either doesn’t grasp the actual facts or has no interest in solving the problem. 

A better way to police those areas of the border would be with drones and rapid response teams that could go out to the people crossing when the drones find them. 

But, ultimately, unless you fully fund the immigration court system, you’re just going to continue to incentivize illegal immigration. 

If McCarthy put a bill on the floor tomorrow that implemented smart border security approaches combined with funding and fixing the legal pathways to immigration, he’d put the Dems in a really tough spot. Most of the moderates would probably be for the bill while leadership would have to decide if they want to whip against it for political reasons even though the caucus at large would support it. Either way, it would be a big win for the GOP, make the Dems look lost, and then put Schumer and Biden in a really difficult position when it soared through the House.

Or, they can continue to push for a big dumb expensive wall that won’t fix anything but sounds good to their base because they just want the votes, not a solution. 

I was just watching video today of people coming across the river hundreds of them that's just 1 spot . Drones would be good but you would need agents along the border to be there at the time the drone sees them crossing so that means a bunch of sub stations all along the border .

If your going to do that why not just build military bases along the border keep that money & troops here but when it was proposed before it was wrong but now it's okay . Have them doing there maneuvers all along the places that they are needed instead of in foreign countries how about making our country more safe first ?

They could also help stop the drugs like fentenal, cocaine, heroin & others come across .

The wall would be a deterrent to stop some of the crossings i'd rather spend money here to put back into our economy than abroad ! Then every little bit done to secure the border helps it will take a collective of things to stop it not just 1 thing but the US would rather blow Billions around the world rather than first keeping our main land safe .

If this more money was spent here than going to other countries hunger, homelessness, health care, & all the things that libs feel is a entitlement & should be a right in America would be able to be a reality but until they get the spending under control none of it is or ever will be .

No matter what one side comes up with the other is going to buck against because it would make the other look better in some eye WHO THE F**K CARES WHO LOOKS BETTER !!!

But it needs to start some where why not here . The spending has to stop ! If we all spent money like our gov't does we would all be broke & in jail no matter how you look at it from what direction IT"S JUST WRONG !! 

And if you lead by example this is a terrible example to show the youth of the country but they double down on it by saying "Don't worry about the debt you agree'd to pay back for school the tax payers will foot the bill" Just one dum ass thing after another it will never end ...

And as far as these being a rant your dam right it is because ignorant stupid ass people set me off !! And i'm not sorry about it .

Edited by T master