Nomenclature question for the board...

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I hear a lot about drafting BPA.  We debate endlessly on this board about BPA, BPA at a position of need, straight need, and so forth. 

Some have said Beane took the BPA in Kincaid.  

In my mind, taking BPA means you sit and wait for your turn in the draft and take your highest rated player.  

I really don't think you can call a pick that you trade up for a BPA pick.  

I'm curious what others think.  Partially because I'm a bit of a narcissist and want to keep proving my point that Beane almost always drafts for need. And moving up in the draft to select a pass catcher again is a need pick and not a BPA pick.  

A lot of posters here think NFL draft boards look like the mock draft simulators. Teams generally don’t stack players vertically like that, they use a horizontal draft board. That ranks players by draft ranges where they are considered appropriate value. A lot of different information can be added to that- ratings, red flags, etc. So when it’s time to pick there usually isn’t just one player there sticking out, though that does happen - there are several players to discuss and chose from. 

Edited by BarleyNY

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.