NeverOutNick's First Crack at TBD Mock

NeverOutNick

Enjoy my attempt at getting as close as possible to what actually happens round 1 of this 2023 NFL Draft. Go Bills

1.       Carolina Panthers – Bryce Young - Good job Reich and company, you guys got the only QB worth a first round pick in this draft

2.       Houston Texans – Will Anderson Jr. - Safest pick in the draft. Ryans will scheme him accordingly and build the defense accordingly. 

3.       TRADE!! Tennessee Titans – CJ Stroud - Vrabel gets one of his OSU alum to head up his offense

4.       Indianapolis Colts – Will Levis - This just feels like the kind of dysfunctional pick this dysfunctional franchise/owner would make. New HC has a fun project

5.       Seattle Seahawks – Jalen Carter - Best player in the draft and the right team to take a chance on his character concerns

6.       Detroit Lions – Devin Witherspoon - They're tempted to trade up for Carter but get the best DB in the draft

7.       Las Vegas Raiders – Anthony Richardson - See Colts above. Have fun McDaniels, you probably won't make it through the season anyways brother

8.       Atlanta Falcons – Tyree Wilson - Ownership tempted to take Bijon but Arthur Smith convinces to take highest upside pass rusher in draft

9.       Chicago Bears – Paris Johnson Jr. - Fields gets needed protection from another OSU alum

10.   Philadelphia Eagles – Bijan Robinson - This is just scary right...

11.   Arizona Cardinals – Nolan Smith - Cardinals like to take chances on high upside players and need pass rushing help now that JJ retired

12.   Houston Texans – Hendon Hooker - Tempted to have Texans tank for Maye but went with my gut on this one...It's the Texans, who knows

13.   Green Bay Packers – Peter Skoronski - Get some protection for the 1yr trial on Jordan Love. Tempted to trade back so they can get another 1st next year for Maye

14.   New England Patriots – Zay Flowers - Just feels right that the Patriots take the only WR I'm excited for the Bills to get in this draft class

15.   New York Jets – Broderick Jones - Jets will actually try and protect Aaron Rodgers

16.   TRADE!! Jacksonville Jaguars – Darnell Wright - With Cam Robinson being potentially suspended for a significant amount of time, Jags trade up for OT

17.   Pittsburgh Steelers – Christian Gonzalez - He takes a fall to a team that will get the most out of his insane athleticism

18.   Detroit Lions – Calijah Kancey - DT is one of the few needs the lions have and get one of the best interior pass rushers in the draft

19.   TRADE!! New York Giants – Jaxson Smith-Njigba -  A team desperate for WR help for Daniel Jones gets the slot WR needed to help him take the next step

20.   TRADE!! Buffalo Bills – Jordan Addison - I don't want this to happen but again just feels like what will...Hopefully we don't give up too much for our new #2 WR

21.   Los Angeles Chargers – Dalton Kincaid - Keenan is getting older and no long term solutions at TE, Chargers get the best play making TE in the draft

22.   Baltimore Ravens – Deonte Banks - Feels like a baltimore corner. He's got great instincts and is a local kid

23.   Minnesota Vikings – Joey Porter Jr. - Not my favorite corner but he's physical and that's something this paper bag defense needs

24.   Washington Commanders – Emmanuel Forbes - Ball Hawk! If he wasn't rail thin, he would be taken before Gonzalez imo

25.   Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Lukas Van Ness - The fall ends here and the Bucs are excited to have this relent"ness" force on their line

26.   Dallas Cowboys – Michael Mayer - Need fits BPA. You're welcome Dallas

27.   Seattle Seahawks – John Michael Schmitz - Seattle always draft head scratchers but in this case they get the best interior lineman in the draft

28.   Cincinnati Bengals – Bryan Bresee - Tempted to take Gibbs here but Bresee gives Bengals much needed interior help on the D line and his potential is sky high

29.   New Orleans Saints – Myles Murphy - Rumors swirling about Saints loving Murphy and he slips to them at the end of round 1

30.   Philadelphia Eagles – Brian Branch - C.J. Gardner-Johnson's replacement for years to come. Man Eagles are killing this draft...

31.   Kansas City – Keion White - He can play all over the D line and was invited to the draft so...why not

• Like (+1) 1

I’ll join you Sir - I called 27/32 picks last year in my first try at one.  This year feels impossible.  

This is my “the Texans punt on QB and the Bills don’t trade for Nuke” mock - no trades.  

1. Panthers - Bryce Young QB Alabama

2. Texans - Jalen Carter DT Georgia 

3. Cardinals - Will Anderson ED Alabama 

4. Colts - Will Levis QB Kentucky 

5. Seahawks - Jackson Smith-Njigba WR Ohio State

6. Lions - Devon Witherspoon CB Illinois 

7. Raiders - CJ Stroud QB Ohio State

8. Falcons - Paris Johnson Jr. OT Ohio State 

9. Bears - Peter Skoronski OT Northwestern 

10. Eagles - Bijan Robinson RB Texas 

11. Titans - Broderick Jones OT Georgia 

12. Texans - Tyree Wilson ED Texas Tech - they still get an elite edge guy that’s why they should take Carter and stack this D

13. Packers - Calijah Kancey DT Pittsburgh 

14. Patriots - Anthony Richardson QB Florida 

15. Jets - Darnell Wright OT Tennessee 

16. Commanders - Christian Gonzalez CB Oregon

17. Steelers - Joey Porter Jr. CB Penn State

18. Lions - Michael Mayer TE Notre Dame

19. Bucs - Myles Murphy - ED Clemson

20. Seahawks - Lucas Van Ness ED Iowa 

21. Chargers - Jordan Addison WR USC

22. Ravens - Deonta Banks CB Maryland 

23. Vikings - Emmanuel Forbes CB Mississippi St.

24. Jaguars - O’Cyrus Torrence G Florida 

25. Giants - Quintin Johnston WR TCU

26. Cowboys - Dalton Kincaid TE Utah 

27. Bills - Bryan Bresee DL Clemson - it’s going to be DL isn’t it?  I’m going with the higher upside over Mazi.  
28. Bengals - Brian Branch S Alabama 

29. Saints - Anton Harrison OT Oklahoma 

30. Eagles - Nolan Smith ED Georgia 

31. Chiefs - Darnell Washington TE Georgia 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.