Koran allegation retracted, says Pentagon

Too bad for the ACLU.

Link

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Guantanamo detainee who told an    FBI agent in 2002 that U.S. personnel there had flushed a Koran in a toilet retracted his allegation when questioned this month by military investigators, the    Pentagon said on Thursday.

"We've gone back to the detainee who allegedly made the allegation and he has said it didn't happen. So the underlying allegation, the detainee himself, within the last two weeks, said that didn't happen," chief Pentagon spokesman Lawrence Di Rita told a briefing.

An FBI document, dated Aug. 1, 2002, contained a summary of statements made by the detainee in two interviews with an FBI special agent at the prison for foreign terrorism suspects at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. The names of the detainee and the agent were redacted.

DARN!!! Guess the "fake but accurate" defense of Newsweak won't be cutting it anymore.

And if they ask him next week, he'll say it did happen. There's enough blame to go around for a lot of groups involved.

Who cares, except the guy who gets rich by printing the Quran on rolls of toilet paper? (I'm claiming a copyright for this idea.) :lol: A three-sentence story didn't make people go out and kill; they were doing it before, they'll do it again. Melville isn't responsible for putting whale species on the endangered list.

Thats not a bad idea!

I'm going to add it to Kleenex!

Then I'm going to give away free bumperstickers to market my product:

Don't like the Terrorists?

Give them a glob of your nasty side.

Quaranex: The American Kleenex.

And if they ask him next week, he'll say it did happen. There's enough blame to go around for a lot of groups involved.

Who cares, except the guy who gets rich by printing the Quran on rolls of toilet paper? (I'm claiming a copyright for this idea.) :huh: A three-sentence story didn't make people go out and kill; they were doing it before, they'll do it again. Melville isn't responsible for putting whale species on the endangered list.

346114[/snapback]

Really? I think Newsweek bears the brunt of culpability in this instance. They are anti-American at their very core.