here's the henry deal the bills need to make

eball

Thanks for the kind words. I will give you a summary of my stance on the TH issue.

Yes, I do have daughters; 3 of them. They resemble their mother, and are drop dead gorgeous. No, I would NOT want this degenerate scumbag around them. This imo is not unusual. Would you want this miscreant around your loved ones? I thought not.

If I had a daughter (and while she'd be the apple of me eye if I had one, I'm sort of thankful that I don't since the teenage years would kill me!) and especially if she were drop dead gorgeous, I wouldn't want ANY boy around her. And I think you would have taught your daughters better than to lie about their age in order to proposition men at gas stations, much less after running away from juve. I also wouldn't be surprised to learn that you know a guy or two who's unwittingly slept with a minor, thinking she was legal.

As for Travis, the only thing I can fault him for is his blitz pickups (although Bledsoe's immobility didn't help here much). He's a good, hard runner who has improved on his fumbling tremendously, he's an able pass-catcher, and he's a total team player (current situation excluded for obvious reasons). Sure he slipped on 3rd and 1 against the Pats; who doesn't? He's also shown determination like that second-effort against the Raiders that should have scored a TD, but which wasn't caught by the zebras or the coaching staff. And again when you consider what some RB's have been traded for (e.g. Lamar Gordon), and have cost their teams (e.g. Lamont Jordan) while doing nowhere NEAR what Travis has done, I think he's worth a lot more than you do.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had a daughter (and while she'd be the apple of me eye if I had one, I'm sort of thankful that I don't since the teenage years would kill me!) and especially if she were drop dead gorgeous, I wouldn't want ANY boy around her.  And I think you would have taught your daughters better than to lie about their age in order to proposition men at gas stations, much less after running away from juve.  I also wouldn't be surprised to learn that you know a guy or two who's unwittingly slept with a minor, thinking she was legal.

As for Travis, the only thing I can fault him for is his blitz pickups (although Bledsoe's immobility didn't help here much).  He's a good, hard runner who has improved on his fumbling tremendously, he's an able pass-catcher, and he's a total team player (current situation excluded for obvious reasons).  Sure he slipped on 3rd and 1 against the Pats; who doesn't?  He's also shown determination like that second-effort against the Raiders that should have scored a TD, but which wasn't caught by the zebras or the coaching staff.  And again when you consider what some RB's have been traded for (e.g. Lamar Gordon), and have cost their teams (e.g. Lamont Jordan) while doing nowhere NEAR what Travis has done, I think he's worth a lot more than you do.

347667[/snapback]

He ran poorly in 04, and cost the Bills football games, something he has done even when he was running well. His record as a starter speaks for itself. I am not making it up. You brought up Bledsoe......Please look at their respective records as a starter on the Buffalo Bills. You might be quite surprised.

There is a reason that nobody wanted to give us anything "decent" for him, while Lamont Jordan was handed millions of dollars. These GMs didn't all just decide to pass on Travis for zero reason, especially when he DID produce stats for 2 years, and is not highly paid. They didn't want him. Coincidence?

That said, let's hope that you and not I are correct about getting anything for him. I love having lots of draft picks, and at this point a pick would be of more use to the Bills than is Travis.

He ran poorly in 04, and cost the Bills football games, something he has done even when he was running well. His record as a starter speaks for itself. I am not making it up. You brought up Bledsoe......Please look at their respective records as a starter on the Buffalo Bills. You might be quite surprised.

Individual players don't single-handedly lose games for teams. That's been the argument for Bledsoe and it applies to Travis as well. And Travis didn't lose ANY games for the Bills in '04 any more than a new coaching staff and scheme did.

There is a reason that nobody wanted to give us anything "decent" for him, while Lamont Jordan was handed millions of dollars. These GMs didn't all just decide to pass on Travis for zero reason, especially when he DID produce stats for 2 years, and is not highly paid. They didn't want him. Coincidence?

The fact that NO RB's were traded, even guys like Alexander and James, leads me to believe that no one wanted to give-up a draft pick plus the large salary they would be demanding. Jordan was an UFA and was ridiculously overpaid, since again he's proven nothing in the NFL, but that's the Raiders for you. I also think that NFL GM's were expecting the Bills to outright release Travis because he's threatened to sit-out and is now viewed as a cancer. But I think Floyd Reese's comments on TD wanting to keep Travis as leverage has opened their eyes, and after that you heard the Titans' owner Bud Adams talking about how he wants him. Again it's gamesmanship and the Titans are trying to get him for as little as possible, but they know he's a good RB.

The Panthers are my darkhorse landing spot for Travis. Their backfield is really a question mark right now:

http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satellit...s=1037645509200

"....The same can't yet be said of running back Stephen Davis, whose status for the coaching sessions and beyond remains in a state of limbo as he continues to attempt a comeback from tricky microfracture knee surgery.

If Davis can't go, what's going to happen at running back?

Don't forget that one of the other marquee injured players from a year ago is running back DeShaun Foster, who is eager to disprove the theory that he is prone to serious injury.

If Davis struggles to come back or can't come back at all, Foster will be thrust into the role he's always wanted but hasn't been able to stay healthy long enough to hold onto: featured back. These coaching sessions would be a good start toward proving he's ready to be the man.

But if Foster stumbles after missing all of what would have been his rookie season in 2002 with a knee injury and most of last season with a broken collarbone, second-round draft pick Eric Shelton is waiting in the wings - as is the surprising and not-quite-forgotten (at least in the coaching staff's eyes) Nick Goings.

Thrust into the unlikely role of featured back last year because of injuries to a host of others, Goings racked up a team-high 821 rushing yards and six touchdowns. He's still around.