Good but not great

Italian Bills

Day 2 after the meldown. 

Endless ideas on what to do to improve enough to become from good to great. 

If i had to chose from top priority down, i will address this way: 

1. give Josh more time in the pocket, so go hard on the OL. We have plenty of examples of standing QBs with not great arm, but thanks to the extra time they had in the pocket, they were very succesfull. Also, improving the OL, will give you a better run game thanks to the holes created in the middle.

2. get another elite pass rusher to combine with Von. Against the top defenses and QBs you must get to them in every possible way, play aggressive every down no matter what. 

3. find some "dirty-bastard" players... we didn't have one in our D but Milano maybe. We need thos assassins mood players on D.

4. get an elite slot receiver, because with Josh our problem are not the deep balls, he's the best at, but we lack of a consistent 5 to 8 yards passing game

5. get another WR1 to combine with Diggs, because your offense can't be shut down just doubling Diggs

OC ? I'm 50/50 to move on or not, just because maybe Dorsey deserve another shot... but if i feel that he's limited with the play calling, i will replace him.

DC ? I will move on from Frazier, i want a more aggressive defensive mind

HC ? Oh well... good but not great maybe it start here... i don't know... honestly i would have a hard time to take this decision. For sure i wouldn't want him back just because his buddy-buddy relationship with the property. 

That said... i'm already counting the days from now to the preseason.... a looooong way... 😄... but with great expectations.

Edited by Italian Bills

Obtaining another WR1, an elite pass rusher, and upgrading the offensive line at 3 positions is a heavy task for 1 offseason. Thats w/o mentioning the possibility of losing Poyer and Edmunds, with the lack of salary cap wiggle room. The team is going to need to make some sacrifices, which most likely sees some fan favorites walk. A player like DJ Chark can help fill that 2 role combined with a high draft pick, allowing Davis to move to the #3 role. I believe we’ll see Shakir as the prime slot receiver next year, he showed ability the latter part of the year, and I expect a raise in his level of play and usage next season. The offensive line needs an upgrade at 3 locations; lg, rg, and rt. This needs to be the priority in the draft. Greg Roussea is a much better pass rusher when Miller is on the field. He’s not that elite guy, but a solid number 2, and probably caps at 8-10 sacks. Again with our cap constraints, and holes on the team, we won’t be able to bring in an elite rusher while filling the more pressing needs

Edited by Codyny13

1 minute ago, Codyny13 said:

Obtaining another WR1, an elite pass rusher, and upgrading the offensive line at 3 positions is a heavy task for 1 offseason. Thats w/o mentioning the possibility of losing Poyer and Edmunds, with the lack of salary cap wiggle room. The team is going to need to make some sacrifices, which most likely sees some fan favorites walk. A player like DJ Chark can help fill that 2 role combined with a high draft pick, allowing Davis to move to the #3 role. I believe we’ll see Shakir as the prime slot receiver next year, he showed ability the latter part of the year, and I expect a raise in his level of play and usage next season. The offensive line needs an upgrade at 3 locations; lg, rg, and rt. This needs to be the priority in the draft.

Of course i agree it qould be almost impossible to fix all that points... it was just my personal list of priority. 

I 100% agree with you with Shakir, he's very fast, can get separation and has great hands. 

And yes, maybe we can attract another great WR that wants to move on from his team and wants to be a part of a seemingly MISSION IMPOSSIBLE, entering in the legend.  😅

ps.  i'll try everything to get Gronk back for one season .... 

3 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

I think obtaining a true Number 1 RB will move this offense to the next level.  Not drafting Breece Hall last year I think was a big mistake.

Agree... but one question: don't you think that Cook with a top OL and some punds could become that studd RB ? I like his quickness a lot and his ability to find holes breaking some tackles. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.