Its that Time Again

Okay, wifeypoo only letting me go with $50 on this race after the Derby fiasco. I must say that I have not got the form yet, and the following picks are going to strictly be my angle plays, and even more defined "my" angles.

Beeting a 5-11-12 tri and exacta box. All maryland jocks, and Scrappy T owned by a boy here in Richmond.

Also will whell Greelys Galaxy with a bunch of horses in Exactas. The horse I think will improve the most is Noble Causeway, and I will wheel him in a few exactas as well.

Word of advice. The Pimlico speed bias is no where like what it used to be. Casual fans still play that angle to their detriment. However, if it is raining it will be speed, speed, and some more speed all day. I have not handicappped for the slop yet, but keep that in mind.

I think the place for your money however is on Presidential Affair in the Special today. Raining like a B word here in Richmond,spoda be raining all day there as well. From what I can see, again just based on cursry looks on the net and not the DRF, this horse likes the lead and is bred for the slop. Morning line at 15-1 . Gotta feeling this will change, especially if Funny Cide scrathes, which I assume he will. However, still think you will get better than 8-1 on the boy.

Lost my ass in the Derby, so I'm approaching with some reticence. My former boss grew up near Belmont and his father was in the biz. Here's his analysis:

OK. Giacomo is not a Triple Crown horse, thus, I throw him out of this race. He ran a big one in the Derby but everything went his way. His outside post will certainly hurt him.

Afleet Alex, one of my Derby horses, is also hurt by the post and has one of the worst jockeys to carry a license. He's out.

My other Derby pick, Sun King, continues to train well and will ONCE again be a top pick for me. Plus a jockey change usually haunts the jock that gave up the mount (Prado in this case).....

Playing Sun with Greeley Galaxy. Horse ran a strong Derby, shorter distance will help and besides the new Star Wars movie opened yesterday.....

A few funny bucks will be placed on Going Wild (my friend rides him) and why can't we witness two 50-1 shots win back-to-back. Also, a few $'s on Wilko. As much as I do not like Jerry Bailey he is a winner and perhaps what this 2yr old champ needs to rebound.

A few minutes later he came back with some corrections:

A few corrections, had "old" info.

1 - My friend is not riding Going Wild. Heck, what's $2's.

2 - Bailey is on High Fly not Wilko. Thus the Bailey bet will continue.

3 - Wilko.... Corey is a really good rider so that bet will stand.

Still like my top 2 choices......

In the words of the big guy in "Let it Ride", I'm gonna put '$2 on the longest shot there is so I don't get my heart broke.'

Enjoy.

I haven't checked the form yet but heres my 2 cents.

Closing Argument: Proably ran the best race in the Derby because he was closest of the top 3 finishers to the suicidal pace and was only beaten a 1/2 length. Question is did the Derby take a lot out of him? If he runs back to the last race then I think he takes this field.

Greelys Galaxy: Ran a very a good race 3/4 into the Derby and jockey eased up on him when he felt he could not win. Has one of the top pre Deby speed figures. The lightly raced horse could be sitting on a big effort.

High Fly: Bailey may have made a premature move in the Derby and will not make the same mistake twice. This horse has the speed to rate just off of the front runners-but will he have enough turning for home?

Afleet Alex: Only 1-5 in races longer than a mile. Will be coming at the end but what was his excuse in the Derby when he could not outkick Closing Argument and Giacmo? I would use him underneath in exacta/trifecta/superfecta boxes but would bet aginst him winning as the favorite.

Giamco: The Rodney Dangerfield of horse racing as he is getting no respect despite winning the Derby. A full field awaits him in the Preakness, many of which he trounced in the Derby so that tells you what most of the top trainers think of him. Is he a horse flying under the radar, improving at just the right time? or was he just in the right place and time to pick up the pieces in a Derby that fell apart in a suicidal pace? His sire Holy Bull was a very nice horse and he could be a late bloomer who is coming into his own. I think the shorter distance and likely slower pace work against him but he should contend for a spot in the exacta or trifecta.

My bet would be a $2 exacta box of Closing Argument, Greelys Galaxy, and high Fly ($12 total bet).

I bet Greeleys Galaxy in the Derby. He got out sluggishly, made a good move on the far turn and then got banged around in midstretch. The jock then put him under wraps and saved him.

He draws a good post (4) and I'll stick with him. Should be a nice price.

Go Baby Go !

I think the place for your money however is on Presidential Affair in the Special today. Raining like a B word here in Richmond,spoda be raining all day there as well. From what I can see, again just based on cursry looks on the net and not the DRF, this horse likes the lead and is bred for the slop. Morning line at 15-1 . Gotta feeling this will change, especially if Funny Cide scrathes, which I assume he will. However, still think you will get better than 8-1 on the boy.

340936[/snapback]

Dam horse went off at 9-2, and still lost 50 on his nose.

Word of advice, take all of my picks, throw em out, and handicap the rest of the field

Greeleys Galaxy worked in the slop yesterday. 3f in an eyepopping 34.4/5ths.

Came back not even breathing hard. I already advanced bet the race and may call to up the win and place bet. Andy Beyer is on this horse also. Hmmmm...

Greeleys Galaxy worked in the slop yesterday. 3f in an eyepopping 34.4/5ths.

Came back not even breathing hard. I already advanced bet the race and may call to up the win and place bet. Andy Beyer is on this horse also. Hmmmm...

341675[/snapback]

I always shudder when Beyer likes one of my horses in a triple crown race. I did a 2$ exacta box with Greely, Closing Argument and High Fly.

Afleet Alex, one of my Derby horses, is also hurt by the post and has one of the worst jockeys to carry a license.  He's out.

341040[/snapback]

That was one of the greatest rides I ever saw. How Jeremy Rose kept on Afleet Alex after getting cut off was simply amazing. Then he gets back to ridding the horse and he just pulls away from the field. That replay will be remembered for eternity.

Rose is a good jock and did nothing wrong in the Derby, finishing 3rd. Yesterday, he opened the eyes of a lot of trainers and his agent will be getting more calls.

Dam horse went off at 9-2, and still lost 50 on his nose.

Word of advice, take all of my picks, throw em out, and handicap the rest of the field

341573[/snapback]

I think props are more in order - well judged.

I think props are more in order - well judged.

342208[/snapback]

Well, I did hit the exacta using the local knowledge angle. $150 was much bigger than I anticipated. Good for Jeremey, and man did Ramon look distraught after the race.