(ot) Online Poker Players

I play somef online poker and thought it might be fun to get a group of us and play at a private table on one of the sites. I usually play at PartyPoker, but would go to any site if yall are interested.

Anyone in?

We tried that about 6 months ago and a lot of people said they were interested but only 8 showed up at Paradise Poker.com on the night of the tournament. We needed a minimum of 10 to play so the tournament was canceled.

If we can get it together I am definately in. The tough part is finding a day and time that everyone can play.

We tried that about 6 months ago and a lot of people said they were interested but only 8 showed up at Paradise Poker.com on the night of the tournament.  We needed a minimum of 10 to play so the tournament was canceled.

If we can get it together I am definately in. The tough part is finding a day and time that everyone can play.

338399[/snapback]

How did you get it set up? PMs or just here on the board.

BTW, just read Moneymakers book and it was suprisingly good. Dude is dead honest about several aspects of his life

I'm much better at limit, but I'll play.

I'm so addicted right now it's insane.  Played for 6 straight hours yesterday when I got home clearing Party's $100 bonus that was supposed to be for UK citizens only  :doh:

338423[/snapback]

Ya know, I really suck at limit. Seems I get rivered so much, it just kills me. I know I have the best hand, just cant get get the bet high enough to get folks to fold.

What I envisioned is a couple little 10 dollar trnys , no one getting hurt to bad

How did you get it set up? PMs or just here on the board.

BTW, just read Moneymakers book and it was suprisingly good. Dude is dead honest about several aspects of his life

338422[/snapback]

We set it up here on the board and with PMs. The real problem was not finding enough players but finding a day and time that works for enough people. We had over a month lead time with plenty of notices and PMs.

Innocent question: Would you consider gambling sites that one forks over a credit card number to be a "secure" site? :D

338515[/snapback]

I think most places do not accept cards now a days. I'm not sure, but think the card comapnies put the kibosh on that for two reasons.

#1) cards being used for an illegal activity in most states

#2) Guys losing their shirts and then claiming fraud

I think most places do not accept cards now a days. I'm not sure, but think the card comapnies put the kibosh on that for two reasons.

#1) cards being used for an illegal activity in most states

#2) Guys losing their shirts and then claiming fraud

338519[/snapback]

Really? How does one place a bet?- I thought that was how it was done.

I confess ignorance.

Still confused...how do you deposit $$$ if not by card? Check? Money Order?

338620[/snapback]

it takes a few days, but they actually take right from your bank account. You register your account, and then EFT take place back and forth.

I have never had any issues, and they are a reputable, publickly traded comapny

I was one of the guys who joined Paradise Poker.com way back when BF in Indiana tried to organize a tournament. That got me hooked. I love playing tournament poker. Let's try to do something at Paradise Poker if we can. The problem with joining a new poker site is they usually want a minimum $50 commitment. But count me in whatever you decide!

PTR