Tom Brady and that O-line

Frez

Tom Brady definitely has a very good pocket sense about him, BUT, I'm sorry, there were many plays where he had allllllllllllllllllllll dayyyyyyyyyy to stand back there. His O-line pass blocks very well, and just like Brady's presence may contribute to them looking better than they are AT TIMES, the line reciprocates the favor ( a concept Brady is no doubt familiar with). On top of that, the Colts D SUCKS!!! Brady is good, but he's not as good as he looked last night.....sorry.

:unsure: A Bills fan who gets it?!  I'm shocked.  :w00t:

On nearly ever passing play last night, Brady moved around to avoid pressure.  Whether it was a rollout, a sidestep, or just steppinginto a delayed blitz with full knowledge that he would get creamed after he threw the ball, Brady consistently bought himself time to throw.  A QB with less pocket presence would've been sacked quite a bit.

The best play, however, was when Freeney came screamng around the end (having just beat Matt Light like a rented mule) and went for the strip instead of the wrap-up.  Brady, while never taking his eyes off his receivers downfield, instinctively moved the ball forward at the instant Freeney tried to swat it out, almost as if he felt it coming.  Amazing.

It's the little things.

25153[/snapback]

At the same time, Freeney's legs got chipped out from under him by a blocker going by who was actually blocking another player. Otherwise, Brady was toast. Brady is a very good player, no doubt but he just got lucky there.

Zona and RunTheDamnBall, so basically what you're doing is comparing our offense to the Colts offense?

The defense had no hand in any of those turnovers? You fools obviously didnt watch that game at all. Either that or you're so oblivious to whats happening in a football game that you can not comprehend how a defense pinches (to cause turnovers) or how DB's Pull up and jam a run play as hard as they can to, not only stop the run, but pop the ball loose. Yeah, great take guys.

25298[/snapback]

Before you include me in your crap, you should actually read what I said. I never said anything about our offense. I said we need to pressure Brady to win, and I said the Pats Defense didnt look good. Nothing about Bills offense and Indy's offense.

If you want to "have a Take and dont suck" go call the Rome show. That crap was old 5 years ago. I didn't have a "take". I expressed an OPINION.

I hate Brady, but I'm embarrased Bills fans have such little football knowledge. He is a top 5 QB in this league. NOT a top 5 scrambler, not a top 5 thrower but a top 5 QB easy. Suck up some pride, and quit looking so damn stupid. He got pounded just as he got rid of the ball a few times last night. Whenever the Colts would score, and change the momentum, what did Brady do? He ANSWERED with a score of his own. Also, his O-line is terrible, and on very few occasions did he have alllll dayyyyyyyyy to throw. Go back, take the hate goggles off, and watch the game again.

my bad, i read the wrong person.

Before you include me in your crap, you should actually read what I said. I never said anything about our offense. I said we need to pressure Brady to win, and I said the Pats Defense didnt look good. Nothing about Bills offense and Indy's offense.

If you want to "have a Take and dont suck" go call the Rome show. That crap was old 5 years ago. I didn't have a "take". I expressed an OPINION.

25381[/snapback]

I hate Brady,  but I'm embarrased Bills fans have such little football knowledge.  He is a top 5 QB in this league.  NOT a top 5 scrambler,  not a top 5 thrower but a top 5 QB easy.  Suck up some pride,  and quit looking so damn stupid.  He got pounded just as he got rid of the ball a few times last night.  Whenever the Colts would score,  and change the momentum,  what did Brady do?  He ANSWERED with a score of his own.  Also,  his O-line is terrible,  and on very few occasions did he have alllll dayyyyyyyyy to throw.  Go back,  take the hate goggles off,  and watch the game again.

25389[/snapback]

First of all, his Oline may suck with run blocking, but they know how to pass block. Second, the reason why Brady "answered with a score of his own" was in large part because the Colts Defense SUCKS. Third, Brady's rating was 111 last night....his average rating is in the mid-eighties.....like I said, the Colts D sucks. Is Brady a good, solid QB? Yeah, he is. He led his team to a win over a team they should have beaten. But that does not take away from the fact that Brady's performance was in large part due to the fact that THE COLTS DEFENSE SUCKS.

I hate Brady,  but I'm embarrased Bills fans have such little football knowledge.  He is a top 5 QB in this league.  NOT a top 5 scrambler,  not a top 5 thrower but a top 5 QB easy.  Suck up some pride,  and quit looking so damn stupid.  He got pounded just as he got rid of the ball a few times last night.  Whenever the Colts would score,  and change the momentum,  what did Brady do?  He ANSWERED with a score of his own.  Also,  his O-line is terrible,  and on very few occasions did he have alllll dayyyyyyyyy to throw.  Go back,  take the hate goggles off,  and watch the game again.

25389[/snapback]

I agree that Brady is a top 5 qb. I disagree on his O-Line. Maybe it's all relative, but I found myself saying, "Look how much time he has" on most of his passes last night. Could be that I'm used to watching our teams 'Set-Hut-Sack" routine, but he gets an awful lot of time to throw the ball.

I agree that Brady is a top 5 qb.  I disagree on his O-Line.  Maybe it's all relative, but I found myself saying, "Look how much time he has" on most of his passes last night.  Could be that I'm used to watching our teams 'Set-Hut-Sack" routine, but he gets an awful lot of time to throw the ball.

25424[/snapback]

Exactly right.....a few people were on here posting last night as it was happening.....the most ridiculous example was right after Edge fumbled on the 1 and gave the Pats possession.....Brady was literally standing in the endzone forever. Those of you who are saying he had no time are the ones who need to go back and watch the tape.

Guest bruceSmith

brady,for being as slow as a fat chick trying to run in 15 feet of snow,has GREAT footwork in that pocket i tell you.the way this dou-che moves side to side to avoid that initial rush and buy himself that extra time is CRUCIAL at times and makes that O-line look better then it is.he has that great shiftyness(that a word?) going left to right,side to side.

Yes, our D is very good, but in my opinion, not AS good as the Pats Offense. Why dont you start offering BJ's to everyone on this board who you agree with? There is two sides to a discussion, and this is a discussion board.

----------------------------------

Baloney. The Pats O is good. But our D is a heck of a lot better than Indy's and can compete with the Pats.

You were talking about a massacre. A massacre. I'm not interested in any of that negitive crap right now.

You are entitled to your opinion. But, if you are going to express it then expect me to express mine.

And I think you are smoking some Pat bone with an attitude like that.

First of all, his Oline may suck with run blocking, but they know how to pass block. Second, the reason why Brady "answered with a score of his own" was in large part because the Colts Defense SUCKS. Third, Brady's rating was 111 last night....his average rating is in the mid-eighties.....like I said, the Colts D sucks. Is Brady a good, solid QB? Yeah, he is. He led his team to a win over a team they should have beaten. But that does not take away from the fact that Brady's performance was in large part due to the fact that THE COLTS DEFENSE SUCKS.

25409[/snapback]

ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. ::yawn:: Whatever helps you sleep better. I'm not gonna defend a player I could give 2 craps about. I was trying to help a Bills fan not look so uninformed. You keep proving that it's a hopeless cause.

Guest peter north

brady was initially moving around in the endzone,and then found a spot that was safe BECAUSE he was origially moving around to find that spot in the first place.and not standing still initially. watch the tape.theres many MANY times that brady buys himself that extra second because of his footwork and NOT standing like a statue with a 50 sack of crap in his pants like bledsoe--just a fact/reality.if nobody can see that this guy buys himself time with his footwork an makes this o-line seem way better then it is when its clearly obvious,then there just a hater.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.  ::yawn::  Whatever helps you sleep better.  I'm not gonna defend a player I could give 2 craps about.  I was trying to help a Bills fan not look so uninformed.  You keep proving that it's a hopeless cause.

25467[/snapback]

What an altruist you are........and an ass, to boot :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

What an altruist you are........and an ass, to boot  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

25714[/snapback]

It's a shame, I know. Please though, when you talk football with people, don't admit you're a Bills fan. I don't want them to paint us all with the same brush.

It's a shame,  I know.  Please though,  when you talk football with people,  don't admit you're a Bills fan.  I don't want them to paint us all with the same brush.

26085[/snapback]

:):D