Great opener!

The NFL can be proud of that game as a national opener. Great game!

-

-- I hated (obviously) that the Pats won. But I love that the two guys who were feuding not so long ago each took it upon himself to screw up on the last two Colt plays. Manning changes a play twice at the line, takes thirty seconds to get it off, then does a Todd Collins against a strong side blitz and moves the kick way back ... Vandy then has a chance (reasonable chance from 48) to show Manning what he means about "that fire, that drive" and just misses the kick.

-

-- When I heard that the Dolphins game had been moved to Saturday, I immediately had this dream of us going to the opener Sunday with both the Patriots and Dolphins 0-1 by Sunday. Oh, and the Patriots with Corey Dillon now, finally, actually do scare me...

-

-- Final thought. I hope they do this "Thursday night opener" thing forever. No better way to start the NFL season ... the whole country watching one national game. This year, we got a gem of a game, too ...

But I love that the two guys who were feuding not so long ago each took it upon himself to screw up on the last two Colt plays.

Fessin up time. I took your "mawegonetabreakoutthecohnlicka" and topped it with "Paytongoneabeatupthekicka" when Vgajt missed one of the biggest kick of his career.

It killed!!!

I can't believe after both guys were so good, we saw 2-3 heaves across the field late, fumbles, aaaawwwful sacks and so much game effecting ineptness late.

I hope the NFL/owners continue to agree on scheduling such great opening matchups. That was a football game everybody should get to see....

Cya

Fessin up time. I took your "mawegonetabreakoutthecohnlicka" and topped it with "Paytongoneabeatupthekicka" when Vgajt missed one of the biggest kick of his career.

It killed!!!

I can't believe after both guys were so good, we saw 2-3 heaves across the field late, fumbles, aaaawwwful sacks and so much game effecting ineptness late.

I hope the NFL/owners continue to agree on scheduling such great opening matchups. That was a football game everybody should get to see....

Cya

25052[/snapback]

I read somewhere (USA Today I think) that the NFL plans to start each season with this Thursday game at the home field of the Superbowl Champion. Pretty Cool.