Singletary on CBS radio 7/22

stevewin

Jim Rome show

- How has offseason been

Grind been going good in hot S. Fla - if you can survive in those conditions can survive anywhere.  I'm looking forward to training camp - ready to get back to it

- How were you able to get better and stronger as the season wore on last year

How we practice up in Buffalo, the weight room, training staff, our organization does a good job of taking care of us.  And the way our offense is run - the offense was a big part of it

- Josh comment last year "look at his motor on every play" Impact game even when you don't touch ball on a play

Showing all the hard work is paying off.  that's just how I was taught to play the game - make a block, help your guy up, push the pile - just always be around the ball

- Relationship with Josh - what does he mean to team

That's like my big brother.  Since day 1 always been a mentor to me - what a great dude.  Over the years our relationship has just grown and grown.  He's a great guy to be around - and as you know that's our general.  Every day he's going to bring it - day in day out - he's not taking those days off.  He's always had a great energy.  He's a dog - we know what we're going to get out of Josh every week

- What mean by dog

From mental aspect - how he approaches.  The way he leads the team.  No matter what's going on be it chaos or whatever he's calm, he's not blinking an eye, he's never shook.  We know when the going get tough Josh is only getting better.

- Where do you think that comes from 

Where he comes from, how he was brought up, and definitely how he prepares.  Ween you prepare you know what you can do, know what you can bring to the table

- Offense transition w/ Dorsey, Kromer

Transition has been smooth.  Coach Dorsey he's been around - even though he's in a new role, guys already have a relationship with him.  Now it's only going to grow.   Kromer - that's a blessing to have.  What he brings to the table - his resume - he's a cool dude, from day 1 people gravitate towards him, and he really knows what he's talking about - he knows his stuff

- Workout with other backs 

The best thing about working out with other professional athletes, esp someone that plays your position - see what each other do differently, talk about it, bounce ideas off each other, learn from each other, and getting better.  Can add things you like to your game 

- Playing at top high school powerhouse American Heritage

So competitive - day in and day out workouts, practices, games.  Prepares you to go anywhere in the world and play football.  Day in and day out you got to bring it.  I learned both sides of the ball, what Dline, Oline, do, coverages, I learned so much ball there 

- [Discussion of HS teammate who died]

- Week 1

Excited - we know it's going to be a test.  SB champ.  Great test week 1.  We are looking forward to it

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Interesting that Motor brought up Kromer. I think with the addition of Saffold as well, Beane and McD are committing to improving the run. I am also of the opinion that Motor's improvement towards the end of last season had less to do with him, and more to do with the O-line. I think that was the issue with the mid-season slump we experienced last season. As the scheme becomes more balanced, they become very hard to defend. I think Motor is going to have his best season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Interesting that Motor brought up Kromer. I think with the addition of Saffold as well, Beane and McD are committing to improving the run. I am also of the opinion that Motor's improvement towards the end of last season had less to do with him, and more to do with the O-line. I think that was the issue with the mid-season slump we experienced last season. As the scheme becomes more balanced, they become very hard to defend. I think Motor is going to have his best season.

Good points.  Re: Kromer - it was actually Rome that brought up Dorsey and Kromer specifically (was surprised he threw Kromer in there) relative to offense transition, and Singletary was responding to that

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.