Richmond NASCAR fans

anyone going to any of the races this weekend?  I just got 4 tix to the busch race, will probably take the younguns'  may even try and get there for the cup qualifying

333657[/snapback]

I may go to the Busch race. Supposed to get free tix.

Sunday Money Book

I'm halfway through this book and so far it is interesting, very funny and I have learned a lot about how NASCAR started and what it is like today. I didn't know that many of the original drivers were moonshiners. Maybe you've read it already. If not take a look at what people say about it on Amazon.com.

Living in Richmond for 12 years now, I try and try but I just can't do the NASCAR thing. I will admit that night racing on TV looks pretty cool and I will watch the last 20 laps of any race, just for the competition. To all those going, I thank you for pumping money in the Richmond, Va-gin-ya economy.

Living in Richmond for 12 years now, I try and try but I just can't do the NASCAR thing.  I will admit that night racing on TV looks pretty cool and I will watch the last 20 laps of any race, just for the competition.  To all those going,  I thank you for pumping money in the Richmond, Va-gin-ya  economy.

333703[/snapback]

I'm not a huge NASCAR fan but it is fun to go. It's also the only major league sport in town. I'm not a big fan of Richmond either.

plus you can bring in your own beer. I am not a fan, but the tix are free and it really is much better to see live than on tv. to see those cars drive at those speeds(granted much slower at RIR), that close together is pretty intense, plus the scanitly clad red neck chicks!!!!!!!!!

I'm not a huge NASCAR fan but it is fun to go. It's also the only major league sport in town. I'm not a big fan of Richmond either.

333756[/snapback]

anyone going to any of the races this weekend?  I just got 4 tix to the busch race, will probably take the younguns'  may even try and get there for the cup qualifying

333657[/snapback]

Hell no. There's not a better non-holiday weekend of the year to go to the Outer Banks than this one!

Hell no.  There's not a better non-holiday weekend of the year to go to the Outer Banks than this one!

333765[/snapback]

What good does it do you to go to the Outer Banks. It's been over run with rednecks for years now.

What good does it do you to go to the Outer Banks. It's been over run with rednecks for years now.

333861[/snapback]

Ouch. We were way up in Corolla a few years ago and that was still pretty nice.

Ouch.  We were way up in Corolla a few years ago and that was still pretty nice.

333891[/snapback]

Correct, you need to be in the upper parts such as Corolla and Duck or head south towards Frisco and Hatteras. However when it comes to Kitty Hawk/Nags Head, Etc. you'll see plenty of confederate flags. Trust me.

333657[/snapback]

Crap. I had planned on going, with a few folks from up here. i work with a gal who's on some sort of a "preferred" list for tickets. when we logged on when the tix came on sale, couldn't get any decent seats. I wasn't going to take someone to their first race, and have them only see the cars coming out of three.