FIFA Puts a Sensor in the Ball

Bob Lamb

On 7/10/2022 at 2:03 PM, Augie said:

Maybe he forgets the USFL has more than one ball too? 

I think it's common knowledge the USFL has only one football and after each game it is placed in a lock box for safekeeping.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 7/12/2022 at 11:36 AM, Jauronimo said:

The only real solution is sensors covering the whole surface of the ball.  But then you need to have a conduit from the ball, through the ball carriers elbows, knees, and rear to the surface to indicate when and where a player is down.  Now I know what you're thinking, thats all fine and well but the players wear rubber sole shoes which are non-conductive so this elaborate system still doesn't indicate if a player has tapped their toes in field of play.  Basically we need to rethink equipment, the playing surface and the ball entirely. I have developed some 3D renderings that I think show real promise.  See below:

Some NFL players and the NFL have resisted any changes like requiring certain safety equipment.

How much money do you think NFL will require to allow these type of changes?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.