Gregg went back to D coordinator, where he belonged, and

Kildrive went on to QB coach. Wonder how he and Manning

are getting on?

Answers that question.  Thanks.

Kildrive went on to QB coach.  Wonder how he and Manning

are getting on?

331162[/snapback]

My dad's a huge Giants fan, and heard me B word about Killdrive on numerous occasions. When he found out he was hired last year, he almost had a coronary.

My dad's a huge Giants fan, and heard me B word about Killdrive on numerous occasions. When he found out he was hired last year, he almost had a coronary.

331163[/snapback]

That's funny. At least he's not calling the plays.

Kildrive went on to QB coach.  Wonder how he and Manning

are getting on?

331162[/snapback]

:( i think that this speculated "getting on" is humorous. Eli seems like that kind of guy, and for some reason i think Killdrive is desperate.

Gregg went back to D coordinator, where he belonged, andKildrive went on to QB coach.  Wonder how he and Manning are getting on?

I haven't seen Kevin KD hanging around Eli's Hoboken Townhouse but there has been an increase of "Booze'N'Blondes"! :lol:

I bet he hangs around with Archie tho........Maybe Reggie, Moose & Jughead too! :(

He also had an offer to be HC of some college program. I was pleased for Ralph and our sake that the took an NFL job because I believe that the rules under the CBA are that we owe Killdrive for years's contract that we fired him with him still having it left, but believe if he gets another NFL job we merely have to pay him the amount above what he gets from NYC for his QB coach work.

We are still meeting our agreement and thus paying KG OC money to do QB coach work, but I believe if he left the league we would have to pay him in full for the OC job while he took down college HC money.

I read a bit on the scheme he ran, and basically seemed that offenses

caught up with it.  Wondering where, if anywhere he is now, and what system

he is using.

Has he adapted?

331158[/snapback]

He's had so many jobs, and so little success.

He's a disgrace. I wonder if he and Archie will ever get into a scrap ala Buddy.

He's had so many jobs, and so little success.

He's a disgrace. I wonder if he and Archie will ever get into a scrap ala Buddy.

331267[/snapback]

Actually, that is only partly true. Sure he didn't do so well in Buffalo, after his first year, and he didn't really last long as HC for the Chargers. However, some QB's have really had monsterous success in Gilbride's schemes. His Oilers' offeneses were some of the most prolific in NFL history.

Being a QB coach for Manning might just be the perfect job for him. QB's who played under his tuteledge seem to have a fair amount of respect for him (except maybe Kordell). His problem is, his offenses are gimmicky, and rely too much on masking the weaknesses of the personel, instead of improving them. So, eventually, defenses adapt, and Gilbride seems not to be able to.

Actually, that is only partly true.  Sure he didn't do so well in Buffalo, after his first year, and he didn't really last long as HC for the Chargers.  However, some QB's have really had monsterous success in Gilbride's schemes.  His Oilers' offeneses were some of the most prolific in NFL history. 

Being a QB coach for Manning might just be the perfect job for him.  QB's who played under his tuteledge seem to have a fair amount of respect for him (except maybe Kordell).  His problem is, his offenses are gimmicky, and rely too much on masking the weaknesses of the personel, instead of improving them.  So, eventually, defenses adapt, and Gilbride seems not to be able to.

331290[/snapback]

Didn't really last long!? They almost killed him in San Diego.

I live about an hour north on the coast. They canned him half way through

his 2nd season I believe. They really hated him down there. Don't recall

anything quite like it really.

I thought killdrive's biggest downfall was his play calling the offense his last season here was just so damn predictable. This made it easy for oppossing defenses because they knew it would be a pass and they could pressure Drew.

I have wondered whether Travis Henry's success in running in 2002, 2003 were due to this pass-happy scheme Kilbride ran.

Like Travis ran hard, but maybe the run succeeded because the defense almost always expected a pass???

Who the hell knows?

I have wondered whether Travis Henry's success in running in 2002, 2003 were due to this pass-happy scheme Kilbride ran. 

Like Travis ran hard, but maybe the run succeeded because the defense almost always expected a pass???

Who the hell knows?

331685[/snapback]

It worked for Thurman!

He also had an offer to be HC of some college program. I was pleased for Ralph and our sake that the took an NFL job because I believe that the rules under the CBA are that we owe Killdrive for years's contract that we fired him with him still having it left, but believe if he gets another NFL job we merely have to pay him the amount above what he gets from NYC for his QB coach work.

We are still meeting our agreement and thus paying KG OC money to do QB coach work, but I believe if he left the league we would have to pay him in full for the OC job while he took down college HC money.

331262[/snapback]

I'm thinking Gilbride signed a three-year contract.... meaning the Bills are now off the hook for his salary either way.

Didn't really last long!?  They almost killed him in San Diego.

I live about an hour north on the coast.  They canned him half way through

his 2nd season I believe.  They really hated him down there.  Don't recall

anything quite like it really.

331466[/snapback]

Yep. The Bobby Ross clubs before KG were pretty darn good.