Does anyone know where to request...

I've been waiting for the Richard Pryor movie "Moving" to be made into a DVD but it hasn't happened. :( Does anyone know where to go to make the request? By the way, if you haven't seen it, I think it's Pryor's funniest movie. A must see for all of you comedy enthusiasts... Rent it tonight! And send in a vhs to dvd request.

Since it is not a very popular movie, you may have to convert it to DVD yourself, which can be done with certain software tools and know-how. It is not a very simple process, from what I have seen.

You could ask the movie/music company to put it out on DVD, but it seems unlikely they would do it for a non-popular title.

Warner Bros. told someone who enquired about this that they have "put it in their vault" (a la Disney). Maybe they're going to do a special Richard Pryor package or something in the future....

"How's it hanging?" was the only line I remember. :(

I'm in the process of converting all of my VHS tapes to DVD. I have approximately 400 tapes, and I'm about halfway complete with the transfer. I'm using a device I bought at tigerdirect called "ADS DVD Express", to capture the VHS tapes to mpeg, and then Nero, which came with my DVD burner, to burn the DVDs. It's a very simple process, when it's working properly. To connect the hardware, I just plug my VCR into the ADS device, and then connect that to my computer via USB. The capture program has various options, such as capture rate, and several filtering options. Then, I open Nero and add one or more mpegs, along with a simple menu, and burn it. A 2 hour DVD takes about 1 hour to burn, in addition to the 2 hours required to first capture it. I have discovered a number of quirks in the process. For example, the burning software that came with the ADS device doesn't work. Neither does the capture software that's included with Nero. Also, the capture device occasionally hangs, forcing me to go through a procedure given to me by their tech support where I completely uninstall the device and capture software and then put everything back. Nero has locked up a few times as well. To solve that, I had to uninstall it, install a newer version, uninstall that, and then reinstall the version I have. For some reason there are quirks in the newer version of Nero (3) that prevent it from working properly for what I'm doing.

If you just have a few tapes you want transfered, there are places that will do that for you. Here's one that charges $19.95 per tape:

http://www.slidescanning.com/

I've been waiting for the Richard Pryor movie "Moving" to be made into a DVD but it hasn't happened.  :(  Does anyone know where to go to make the request? By the way, if you haven't seen it, I think it's Pryor's funniest movie.  A must see for all of you comedy enthusiasts... Rent it tonight!  And send in a vhs to dvd request.

331009[/snapback]

It's funny but not that funny. You might want to start an online petition. Just keep scouring online DVD warehouses and before you know it, you'll find it on DVD. Finding out who owns the rights to it is another helpful idea so you can contact them directly.