If Henry Doesn't have the Good Sense

I do not agree.

What good is having a guy on your roster who is not prepared to play when the season starts, who will pout like a littlebitch in the locker room, and who will walk after the year is over anyway?  Why would you pay $1.25 Million for that?  Sorry if you've explained this 4,783,698 times before, but apparently there is one dumbass on this board you have yet to edify in this matter.  :)

Besides, I said that was what I would do if I were TD.  If you read closely, it is not a prediction.  :blink:

328328[/snapback]

Not only that BB, I believe that NFL GMs have a unique relationship with eachother. While most occupations do have an element of professional courtesy of sorts, these men are also in direct competion at the same time.

For instance, if ALL TD could get for TH was a 6th or 7th from Denny Green, do you think that he would take it, or cut Travis? My guess is that after their fiasco, he would rather cut him and force Green compete with other teams, assuming that any other team has any interest at all in this sub-par player.

I am thinking that TD and DG no will longer have a very good professional relationship, at least for a period of time. Otoh, we can take to the bank the fact that a true football man like TD DOES have good professional relationships with other GMs around the league. Perhaps Parcells is one.

In summary, TD failed to get anything for TH in the 05 draft. That said, he still stands to gain 1 mil. in precious cap space by dumping Travis. I believe TD when he says that he will not "give him away" BUT, I dont think that this will stop him from cutting TD if need be.

Either way, Travis will be gone before the season starts imo.

Who do you think should be the third down running back?

328691[/snapback]

I have as much faith that Lionel Gates, a kid who showed hands and blocking ability in college, can contribute at least what we'd get out of Shaud or JBurns this season as the back in pass packages. I like an unknown in the third down spot, a change of pace to back to the workhorse. Pre-season features great opportunities for rookie RBs and I expect we'll get some glimpses of Mr. Gates toolbox before the season starts- and that means the staff will have that to add to their practice reference. Also the offense we're looking at running wouldn't be hampered at all by a small and quick back as long as he's of decent intelligence and is a willing chip blocker. A roll-out QB playing pick and roll with a quick RB with good hands can present serious mismatches with a defense in a lot of situations. I for one won't be surprised to see a small RB added to the roster in the coming months, maybe simply as a wrinkle and ST gunner, but someone who impacts the play with the added dimension. That type of back is one of the first type of casualties when the Turk comes out of his coffin.