TE Possibility

I wonder if the Bills have considered Chad Lewis? I know Andy Reid has told him that they will no longer need him, his contract expired. To my knowledge, he hasn't signed with anyone else and he's a serviceable TE. He has good hands (caught 2 TDs in the NFC Championship game before breaking his foot) and should be fully recovered from his injury. I say we bring him in for a look. Probably wouldn't be too expensive and knows the west coast-style offense. Thoughts?

I wonder if the Bills have considered Chad Lewis?  I know Andy Reid has told him that they will no longer need him, his contract expired.  To my knowledge, he hasn't signed with anyone else and he's a serviceable TE.  He has good hands (caught 2 TDs in the NFC Championship game before breaking his foot) and should be fully recovered from his injury.  I say we bring him in for a look.  Probably wouldn't be too expensive and knows the west coast-style offense.  Thoughts?

326617[/snapback]

For a one year deal thats a possibility. Especially if KE is put on the IR. Modrak knows him pretty well also.

It certainly seems logical. I'll be happy if the Bills bring him in, but I won't be dissappointed if they pass. Modark has to know him well. I certainly trust his judgement.

I'm not sure who all is available, but he much cheaper than Bubba Franks and a lot more reliable then Riemersma, et al. Plus, if our guys should all be healthy by 2006 at the absolute latest, then we only need a one year fill-in. And if that's the case, why spend the $$ on Bubba.

Any word on how either Campbell or Euhus are doing. I have always been a huge Campbell fan. He has all the makings of a good solid TE in the league. He got size and he can block like a muthafugger.

If this injury has hindered either Campbell or Euhus playing, I say we have a real problem on our hands as far as TE go.

I wouldn't oppose such a move but I'd rather take my chances with our two recovering TE's. No need to cut either of these to make room for him. We need to save a roster spot for someone who can help us now and in the future.

I wouldn't oppose such a move but I'd rather take my chances with our two recovering TE's.  No need to cut either of these to make room for him.  We need to save a roster spot for someone who can help us now and in the future.

That shouldn't be a concern. Had Everett not blown-out his knee, he'd be getting a roster spot. So Lewis would basically take Everett's spot. If he's recovered from his foot injury, I'd sign him, for a reasonable amount that is.

Any word on how either Campbell or Euhus are doing.  I have always been a huge Campbell fan.  He has all the makings of a good solid TE in the league.  He got size and he can block like a muthafugger.

If this injury has hindered either Campbell or Euhus playing, I say we have a real problem on our hands as far as TE go.

327516[/snapback]

I havn't seen anything about there progress lately. I would like to know as well.