THE ROCKPILE REVIEW - No Offense

Shaw66

Refs can and will determine the momentum of the game. Its time to start giving credit where credit its due, and they absolutely determine outcomes of games. Throwing a flag changes the vibe of a drive, which can change the course of the quarter, and of course the whole game. Doing this multiple times can knock the wind out of any teams sails.

The refs are not an excuse for the Bills poor offensive performance, but they absolutely did contribute to the Jags getting points.

Also, Ive been critical of McD this whole season, ever since the Steelers game, but I 100% agree with not taking the holding penalty (even though McD did express later that he regretted not accepting).

Im ok with declining the penalty that led to the FG, because the refs were determined to make an impact as seen with the reversal of the taunting penalty. I know the Bills D would have stopped them from getting a first down, but who knows, maybe the ref calls a tik-tak defensive holding penalty and they get an automatic first down.

My point is, get the defense off the damn field when you get them to 4th down. (unless they are going for it- obviously)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.