JOSH REED

MRW Posted Today, 04:55 AM

I certainly haven't seen anything from Reed in the past two years that makes me think he's particularly worthy of a slot on this team.

If you look at the depth chart, you've got three locks (Moulds, Evans, Parrish) plus one who will most likely be kept because of ST (Fast Freddie). So if the Bills keep 5 WRs it comes down to Reed vs. Aiken, neither of whom has done anything all that impressive. Aiken didn't drop passes left and right like Reed last year either, though.

So barring a real standout performance in camp/preseason, Reed has a good chance of being cut unless the team keeps 6 WRs, and even then someone younger may emerge and take that spot. A real shame too, I thought he was going to be a good one after his rookie year.

Your comment on Sam Aiken not dropping passes left and right like Reed last year, is not quite accurate. Aiken had his share of drops too, maybe not as much as Reed, but pretty close. One glaring thing I remember from Aiken last season was during the Pittsburgh game at the end of the 1st half when the Bills were attempting a crucial drive with under 1 minute to go. Aiken caught a pass and instead of getting out of bounds to conserve the clock, he stayed in and gained 3 or 4 more yards allowing more time to run off.

Reed has his problems but I think he is better than Aiken, and I am willing to give Reed one more chance. If the coaches decide he has had enough opportunities, then so be it.

Your comment on Sam Aiken not dropping passes left and right like Reed last year, is not quite accurate. Aiken had his share of drops too, maybe not as much as Reed, but pretty close. One glaring thing I remember from Aiken last season was during the Pittsburgh game at the end of the 1st half when the Bills were attempting a crucial drive with under 1 minute to go. Aiken caught a pass and instead of getting out of bounds to conserve the clock, he stayed in and gained 3 or 4 more yards allowing more time to run off.

Reed has his problems but I think he is better than Aiken, and I am willing to give Reed one more chance. If the coaches decide he has had enough opportunities, then so be it.

324887[/snapback]

Good points. I wasn't really trying to build Aiken up; he's been basically a non-descript player in my view, he just hasn't made as many eye-catching blunders as Reed. They're both players on the bubble, though, so one of them is going to be gone I think.

I don't know how good Josh Reed is on special teams. If he works well in Special teams, I think he has a chance to stay. But if not, and he hurts us AT ALL financially, TD will cut the chord on the kid. It's sad but necessary.