This is what cogent debate looks like

And it’s sorely absent from this site which is why I’m rarely here. But read the comments and see the rationality that is sorely lacking here

https://www.washingtonpost.com/comments?storyUrl=https%3a%2f%2fwww.washingtonpost.com%2fpolitics%2f2021%2f10%2f27%2fwhen-do-we-get-use-guns-ongoing-danger-false-fraud-claims%2f&outputType=comment

• Haha (+1) 2

Looks like PPP to me.

This conversation is moderated according to The Post's community rules. Please read the rules before joining the discussion. If you’re experiencing any technical problems, please contact our customer care team. 

Tab:

All Comments

(

)

Sort byNewestOldestMost repliesMost likedexpand_more

remove

kms1925

12 minutes ago

(Edited)

If we look at history, all the great empires of the past have had their rise and then a fall.  Nothing is permanent in this world. It appears that we have reached the peak of our greatness and it is now time for that inevitable fall. Trump and his party are making that fall happen faster - at breakneck speed.

thumb_up3replyReply

flag

remove

Publius38

21 minutes ago

(Edited)

It will be quite cathartic when great numbers of people start putting these Trumpists down, as must occur in the next few years.  The next civil war will be much messier than the last.

thumb_up2replyReply

flag

remove

csangos

21 minutes ago

Big talk. No action.

thumb_upreplyReply

flagremove

GatorMD

9 minutes ago

The January 6 action was quite significant. 

thumb_up1replyReply

flag

remove

Progressive in Ohio

23 minutes ago

I used to wonder exactly how a sophisticated society as Germany’s was in the 1930’s could follow the siren call of an insane, cartoonish fool down a rabbit hole of fascism and conspiracy theories. 

I no longer wonder how. 

thumb_up10replyReply

flag

remove

Mollace

24 minutes ago

How is it possible for MTG to hold office?    She is a deliberate, pathological liar.  Like the Liar himself.  Why can’t she be removed from office?  These are seditious lies and real threats of more violence.  Incitement.  I am so exhausted from these awful people and their destruction.

thumb_up4replyReply

flagremove

GatorMD

7 minutes ago

Unfortunately, there are lots of folks in her Georgia district who think and lie just like MTG - hence, they elected someone to represent their views. Sad, but true. 

thumb_up1replyReply

flag

remove

paulie on a dying planet

33 minutes ago

Don’t these idiots realize many of us on the left are armed? I for one, hate guns but I recently purchased a 12 gauge pump action shotgun because I’m truly afraid of my insane neighbor.

thumb_up8replyReply

flag

remove

irunrva

35 minutes ago

Is Charlie Kirk the pinhead?

thumb_upreplyReply

flagremove

Jones of Texas

3 minutes ago

One of many. 

thumb_upreplyReply

flag

remove

RIMark

37 minutes ago

Trump should be tied to a pole and shot for treason...along with anyone who aided and abetted his treachery.

thumb_up4replyReply

flag

remove

jenjenocon

45 minutes ago

If the election was rigged, why did McConnell, Graham, and Collins all get reelected?

thumb_up10replyReply

flagremove

JKGlobal

34 minutes ago

Exactly. Let those liars all resign, then we'll consider the Big Lie. 

5 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Looks like PPP to me.

This conversation is moderated according to The Post's community rules. Please read the rules before joining the discussion. If you’re experiencing any technical problems, please contact our customer care team. 

Tab:

All Comments

(

)

Sort byNewestOldestMost repliesMost likedexpand_more

remove

kms1925

12 minutes ago

(Edited)

If we look at history, all the great empires of the past have had their rise and then a fall.  Nothing is permanent in this world. It appears that we have reached the peak of our greatness and it is now time for that inevitable fall. Trump and his party are making that fall happen faster - at breakneck speed.

thumb_up3replyReply

flag

remove

Publius38

21 minutes ago

(Edited)

It will be quite cathartic when great numbers of people start putting these Trumpists down, as must occur in the next few years.  The next civil war will be much messier than the last.

thumb_up2replyReply

flag

remove

csangos

21 minutes ago

Big talk. No action.

thumb_upreplyReply

flagremove

GatorMD

9 minutes ago

The January 6 action was quite significant. 

thumb_up1replyReply

flag

remove

Progressive in Ohio

23 minutes ago

I used to wonder exactly how a sophisticated society as Germany’s was in the 1930’s could follow the siren call of an insane, cartoonish fool down a rabbit hole of fascism and conspiracy theories. 

I no longer wonder how. 

thumb_up10replyReply

flag

remove

Mollace

24 minutes ago

How is it possible for MTG to hold office?    She is a deliberate, pathological liar.  Like the Liar himself.  Why can’t she be removed from office?  These are seditious lies and real threats of more violence.  Incitement.  I am so exhausted from these awful people and their destruction.

thumb_up4replyReply

flagremove

GatorMD

7 minutes ago

Unfortunately, there are lots of folks in her Georgia district who think and lie just like MTG - hence, they elected someone to represent their views. Sad, but true. 

thumb_up1replyReply

flag

remove

paulie on a dying planet

33 minutes ago

Don’t these idiots realize many of us on the left are armed? I for one, hate guns but I recently purchased a 12 gauge pump action shotgun because I’m truly afraid of my insane neighbor.

thumb_up8replyReply

flag

remove

irunrva

35 minutes ago

Is Charlie Kirk the pinhead?

thumb_upreplyReply

flagremove

Jones of Texas

3 minutes ago

One of many. 

thumb_upreplyReply

flag

remove

RIMark

37 minutes ago

Trump should be tied to a pole and shot for treason...along with anyone who aided and abetted his treachery.

thumb_up4replyReply

flag

remove

jenjenocon

45 minutes ago

If the election was rigged, why did McConnell, Graham, and Collins all get reelected?

thumb_up10replyReply

flagremove

JKGlobal

34 minutes ago

Exactly. Let those liars all resign, then we'll consider the Big Lie. 

Lolz, it seems like a discussion happening entirely inside Billsy's head.  But what a TOS they have at WAPO!   Not sure that some of these folks are looking forward to some violence.  

"It will be quite cathartic when great numbers of people start putting these Trumpists down, as must occur in the next few years.  The next civil war will be much messier than the last."

"Trump should be tied to a pole and shot for treason...along with anyone who aided and abetted his treachery."

"Don’t these idiots realize many of us on the left are armed? I for one, hate guns but I recently purchased a 12 gauge pump action shotgun because I’m truly afraid of my insane neighbor."