43 members have voted

1. 1. What do we get for Henry

• A future draft pick
    • Player for player trade
    • Cut after end of the season
    • Resigns with Buffalo

Cut before the season starts

322177[/snapback]

TD won't do that. If he thought so much of Travis to try and get a better offer from Arizona, Philly, or Tampa, there's no way he'll cut him. He has a year to make a deal.

I'll bet he tried "overplaying his hand" before the draft figuring that if he couldn't get a deal, he'll wait for a starter to get injured during camp or during the regular season. Even if that doesn't happen, Travis would probably have to show up and play to make himself more attractive to other teams. I can't imagine a potential employer thinking very high of someone who whines and pouts publicly. Either way, the Bills get the best of the situation - another draft pick in 2006 or a solid backup RB.

A lot of "ifs" in this scenario, but I bet that's what TD is thinking.

TD won't do that. If he thought so much of Travis to try and get a better offer from Arizona, Philly, or Tampa, there's no way he'll cut him. He has a year to make a deal.

I'll bet he tried "overplaying his hand" before the draft figuring that if he couldn't get a deal, he'll wait for a starter to get injured during camp or during the regular season. Even if that doesn't happen, Travis would probably have to show up and play to make himself more attractive to other teams. I can't imagine a potential employer thinking very high of someone who whines and pouts publicly. Either way, the Bills get the best of the situation - another draft pick in 2006 or a solid backup RB.

A lot of "ifs" in this scenario, but I bet that's what TD is thinking.

322516[/snapback]

Dunno about pouting being a detriment, andy. Sad to see, Clarett got picked in the 3rd round. :angry:

Cut before the season starts

322177[/snapback]

The only theory I've hesrd thst supposedly justifies this as a good move for the Bills is that it sends a message we only want players who want to be here.

Since such a move would be exactly what Henry wants and would reward him with free agency for his stupid actions, I do not see how this move benefits the Bills at all.

Dunno about pouting being a detriment, andy. Sad to see, Clarett got picked in the 3rd round.  :angry:

322523[/snapback]

I'm not sure "sad" is the word. "Pathetic", maybe...

You might be right, though. I guess it would be more impressive to get to camp, keep in shape, and be ready to play just in case than it would be detrimental to sit and pout.

The only theory I've hesrd thst supposedly justifies this as a good move for the Bills is that it sends a message we only want players who want to be here.

Since such a move would be exactly what Henry wants and would reward him with free agency for his stupid actions, I do not see how this move benefits the Bills at all.

322546[/snapback]

Free's up 1.25 in money and a slot on our roster for Thomas or someone els that will actually be a contributer this year.