The founders were classic liberals

33 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

When you live in a society, you get to share the cost of living in that society. It's part of the deal. Unless you make around 400k, close to 10% of that 30% is going directly to services that fund seniors (medicare and SS), so while you're technically paying for today's seniors you can really think of it as paying for your own future care.

I agree with you on the lobbing missiles bit, and there is plenty of corruption and waste. Taxes are a necessity in a capitalist society though. If you're interested in doing away with that altogether, I'm listening.

Lol my own future care.. I wouldn’t bet my future on the government being there for me. That is naive. 

i like capitalism. Competition is a real life value. It’s one of the most important.  I don’t even mind local government and state government, but I’m tired on a bloated wasteful and VERY corrupt federal government stealing my money to give to who they see fit. 

if they want revenue Im all for  finding a way to tax inheritance at extremely high levels. If someone gets wealthy on their own a accord, reap it, but stop allowing these multigenerational wealth powerhouse families to enrich their children’s children’s children. 

there is a societal problem with the aristocracy these wealthy elite families can build and proliferate for generations. Kids born to billionaires aren’t good for society. Redistribute that… 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood