[OT] F Ivan!

stevewin

Freaking communist bastard storm spawned from the depths of hell!

Scrambling now to see if I can rebook my week vacation to Disney planned for next week (supposed to leave tomorrow).

IVAN = RJ

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Guest Bryan Cox!
Freaking communist bastard storm spawned from the depths of hell!

Scrambling now to see if I can rebook my week vacation to Disney planned for next week (supposed to leave tomorrow).

IVAN = RJ

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

23832[/snapback]

The Dolphins game is moved to 1pm Saturday.

Just buy hurricane insurance. It may be cheaper than the fees you'll be charged for changing your plans.

23842[/snapback]

Too late for that now. My wife always asks about that when she's planning trips and I always tell her to blow it off :pirate:

Trying to get a hold of the agent - on their web site it shows that for Frances there was a policy where they were allowing people to rebook - of course "Discounts and availability are not guaranteed". We had a 7 day for the price of 5 deal - not sure what's going to happen with that. Will also have to eat some money for changing the plane tix - assuming we can even work out the rebooking at all.

And dum dum dum dum.... for those of you that remember my complaint about this last time.. the place I'm working for is sending MORE people to Miami for the BIGGER hurricane. The people working at our datacenter down there will of course evacuate.... the smart folks from up here will handle it while they're gone.

Nice.

Hmm... that's funny. My family and I are going down tomorrow, too. We still plan on going, I figure that it may still change course or slow down or weaken. I'm gonna gamble it, since we are supposed to fly back Tuesday. My luck I'll be stuck down there for a few extra days... oh well, I'm in no rush to get back to work. :pirate:

I live in Orlando and we've been screwed twice the past few weeks. If you have a vacation planned and you haven't left yet, DON'T! This storm is coming our way and not having power in Florida is something you don't want to deal with. Believe me.

I live in Orlando and we've been screwed twice the past few weeks.  If you have a vacation planned and you haven't left yet, DON'T!  This storm is coming our way and not having power in Florida is something you don't want to deal with.  Believe me.

23957[/snapback]

Disney has an underground electric plant and has only been closed one day for Francis. Disney has all it's power lines underground as well. We are staying on property. If we get delayed on our departure, it is ok because we are vacation club members and will be able to extend.