I need a new printer

Any opinions on printers for the home would be greatly appreciated. I want it to work every time I need it and I would like if it did not guzzle ink. My needs are simple, mostly just text. You all have the floor.

Thank you.

23771[/snapback]

Mike, I got an HP psc 2170 printer/scanner/copier just when the 2175 came out, and got it for something like $80. The key, I've learned, is to set your computer's printer settings to either "everyday" or "fast draft" as it tends to use much less ink. Also noticed that the "low toner" message showed up quickly, but when this happened the first time I inadvertantly powered down the printer. WHen i powered it back up, the message was gone, and I doubled the output of my toner cartridge.

Just a thought.

Any opinions on printers for the home would be greatly appreciated. I want it to work every time I need it and I would like if it did not guzzle ink. My needs are simple, mostly just text. You all have the floor.

Thank you.

23771[/snapback]

If you don't need color, go Okidata laser. Very cheap cost per page and significantly faster than anything color. Also, Dell color (A960) are cheaper per page than HP.

CANON INKJET....

Great prices on e-bay + on e-bay you can get the ink Cartridges for about $4.00 for both color and b&w.

If it starts to go bad (printer). It will with medium use in about a year, just buy another.

I have done this for years and it works well.