Did anyone seriously expect addressing 05 w/ draft

I found this draft pretty frustrating though actually not disappointing because I did not really expect it to produce much help for the '05 Bills.

The fact we traded away the '05 1st round choice for JP last year and it turned out to be a good thing we did as JP appears to have likely been the 1st QB taken in '05 if he had stayed in school meant that this draft was quite unlikely to produce a player who would contribute to this year's Bill's squad.

I had held on to some hope that through trading the Henry resource that though the draft itself was unlikelu to produce much to fill the holes we must fill at LT, DT, QB and #2 RB we might get some '05 help on draft day. However, it appears that among the things essential to pulling this off was a trading partner and apparently one wasn't there. Hope can still spring eternal on the trade front because one can happen at any time and if it does before the next "voluntary" mini camp it will be great, but its frustrating because not yet.

Additional fun begins now with UDFA and actually given the success we had last year with folks like Baker, Greer and Peters, their is actually more good hope for getting '05 help from UDFAs rather than the draft.

I found this draft pretty frustrating though actually not disappointing because I did not really expect it to produce much help for the '05 Bills.

The fact we traded away the '05 1st round choice for JP last year and it turned out to be a good thing we did as JP appears to have likely been the 1st QB taken in '05 if he had stayed in school meant that this draft was quite unlikely to produce a player who would contribute to this year's Bill's squad.

I had held on to some hope that through trading the Henry resource that though the draft itself was unlikelu to produce much to fill the holes we must fill at LT, DT, QB and #2 RB we might get some '05 help on draft day. However, it appears that among the things essential to pulling this off was a trading partner and apparently one wasn't there.  Hope can still spring eternal on the trade front because one can happen at any time and if it does before the next "voluntary" mini camp it will be great, but its frustrating because not yet.

Additional fun begins now with UDFA and actually given the success we had last year with folks like Baker, Greer and Peters, their is actually more good hope for getting '05 help from UDFAs rather than the draft.

:devil: Exactly. The draft is an over-rated, over-priced crap shoot. But free agency is a cheap one. Should be interesting!

317101[/snapback]

Just questioning, Idon't believe JP come out as a junior? I thought he had used up all four years of eligability?? From what I can find online, he played four years at Tulane.

I think the question that has been raised was if the Bills hadn't made the trade last year, they would have picked a QB with the 20th pick which likely would have been the guy from Cal that went to Green Bay. And Bledsoe still would have been our QB in 05 which would have meant we would have paid his bonus this March too. Ironically from what I read last year, if we hadn't traded up and drafted JP, Green Bay was ready to grab him then. so we'd likely now have the oposite QB's

I thought TD was comparing JP to this years QB's not that JP could have been there as a senior this season, but just more putting into terms if he hadn't made the trade could the Bills have picked up someone as good as JP.

I found this draft pretty frustrating though actually not disappointing because I did not really expect it to produce much help for the '05 Bills

Would you have viewed it as a better draft if Adam Terry were selected instead of Roscoe Parish?

I think the question that has been raised was if the Bills hadn't made the trade last year, they would have picked a QB with the 20th pick which likely would have been the guy from Cal that went to Green Bay.  And Bledsoe still would have been our QB in 05 which would have meant we would have paid his bonus this March too.  Ironically from what I read last year, if we hadn't traded up and drafted JP, Green Bay was ready to grab him then.  so we'd likely now have the oposite QB's

317127[/snapback]

Yep. Much rather have JP than Akili Boller Rodgers. And of course, the best part is that Drew is not our QB this year. :devil: