GRADE THE DRAFT

Grade - C +

It was a very weak draft pool with the Bills waiting 8 + hours to make a pick. The Losman trade turned out to be a wise move.

The Center and Guard could develop. The Miami guys could help right away at WR and TE.

I never thought for a second they could find a LT candidate in this Draft . They were horrid. Teague will be decent for a year. 2006 is supposedly deep at OT , with many legit LT's.

Does this draft seem as good as the past 4?

I just pray to god that we found another Gem like Pat Williams some place.

But to me, nothing stands as genius.

Wed will see.

317031[/snapback]

Too soon to tell...instant analysis, as we've seen over the past two days, is a losing proposition (although DeeRay seems to have no problem with it! :devil::):lol: ).

Check back in July.

BTW, Pat Williams was an undrafted FA.

Like always, it's hard to grade a draft until a few years pass. That said, if you buy the company line and count Losman as our #1 this year, I don't think it looks so bad. As usual with a TD draft, there is a lot of gambling here.

I live in South Florida and have watched virtually all of the 'Canes games for the past several years. Parrish and Everett are both going to be either absolute stars or complete busts ... there's not much room in-between. I think it's also worth considering that drating Parrish may have opened up the possibility to move Josh Reed. Reed wouldn't be worth much on his own, but packaging TH together with JR might bring back a conditional 2nd or 3rd rounder for the 2006 draft.

Grade - C +

It was a very weak draft pool with the Bills waiting 8 + hours to make a pick. The Losman trade turned out to be a wise move.

The Center and Guard could develop. The Miami guys could help right away at WR and TE.

I never thought for a second they could find a LT candidate in this Draft . They were horrid. Teague will be decent for a year. 2006 is supposedly deep at OT , with many legit LT's.

317075[/snapback]

Yeah, next year will be the year to see what's available in the draft. There should be someone decent to take in the later portion of the first round.

Solid B- to a possible B.

Playmaker in Parrish. Good pick.

Addressed need on Offensive line with Preston and Geisinger. Needed depth with Everett. King pick is one of those "in case on a rainy day we need something" picks. Maybe the Lionel Gates pick is to signal that a Henry Deal is iminent? Other than that, no reasoning for that pick at all.

Overall, I'm not too dissapointed, although I am extremely pissed that the Jets got Nugent.

Yeah, next year will be the year to see what's available in the draft. There should be someone decent to take in the later portion of the first round.

sure... if the bills will be trading down to the later half. based on their 2005 finish, looks more and more like they're gonna be drafting in the 1st half of the 1st round.

Though it takes a few years, right now I'll say C+. Was dissapointed in not taking a chance on Hawethorn(yeah, yeah, he takes some plays off but so does Edwards) and the Duke makes me puke but other than that we did alright.

Does this draft seem as good as the past 4?

I just pray to god that we found another Gem like Pat Williams some place.

But to me, nothing stands as genius.

Wed will see.

317031[/snapback]

Of course, Pat Williams himself was a UDFA.

sure... if the bills will be trading down to the later half.  based on their 2005 finish, looks more and more like they're gonna be drafting in the 1st half of the 1st round.

317094[/snapback]

Are you speaking of the Bills winning 6 of their last 7 games and narrowly missing the playoffs? Yeah, that was freaking horrible.