Enough of this military , support the troops

I went to a Support the Troop rally last month and donated supplies. It was a good lesson for my son to show him you can support the troops and be patriotic while opposing the president's policies. But at the same time I felt embarrassed that it requires private donations to keep our troops adequately supplied.

I went to a Support the Troop rally last month and donated supplies.  It was a good lesson for my son to show him you can support the troops and be patriotic while opposing the president's policies.  But at the same time I felt embarrassed that it requires private donations to keep our troops adequately supplied.

23810[/snapback]

Why? Nothing the government does works very well. The military is a microcosm of everything that is wrong. Has nothing to do with party, either.

I went to a Support the Troop rally last month and donated supplies.  It was a good lesson for my son to show him you can support the troops and be patriotic while opposing the president's policies.  But at the same time I felt embarrassed that it requires private donations to keep our troops adequately supplied.

23810[/snapback]

Congrats.Be advised that our military standard of living in combat is better than most citizens of the world live in.Every little bit helps. And you are right this has nothing to do with politics. These brave men and women are our relatives or neighbors

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Why?  Nothing the government does works very well.  The military is a microcosm of everything that is wrong.  Has nothing to do with party, either.

23864[/snapback]

It's not OUR fault; the Army has to rehearse for awards ceremonies, and wastes taxpayer money on guide-ons! Talk about inefficiency!!!

:P:D

It's not OUR fault; the Army has to rehearse for awards ceremonies, and wastes taxpayer money on guide-ons! Talk about inefficiency!!!

:P  :D

24718[/snapback]

I don't know about the Army but in the Marines we were paid for working 24 hours a day. We practiced for ceremonies outside of our normal hours yet still during our pay hours.