ROCKPILE REVIEW - Sweep!!!

Shaw66

13 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

In the locker room after the game, every guy on the Bills must have felt invincible.

We talk about the depth on the team but really that credit goes to the coaches. Mike Love and Dean Marlowe aren't guys that could go and start anywhere. I would bet they have the same talent level as any other backup or practice squad player in the league. The difference is that, like the Patriots, McDermott and the other coaches have their players ready. Mike Love makes a great tackle for a loss, I bet it's because a coach told him pre-snap to be on the look out for that alignment. Every single player is prepared to be the best version of themselves game in and game out. That's what separating the Bills from every other team in the league right now. Well, that and our superstar QB. But Allen himself is the result of that same mindset.

32 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

We talk about the depth on the team but really that credit goes to the coaches. Mike Love and Dean Marlowe aren't guys that could go and start anywhere. I would bet they have the same talent level as any other backup or practice squad player in the league. The difference is that, like the Patriots, McDermott and the other coaches have their players ready. Mike Love makes a great tackle for a loss, I bet it's because a coach told him pre-snap to be on the look out for that alignment. Every single player is prepared to be the best version of themselves game in and game out. That's what separating the Bills from every other team in the league right now. Well, that and our superstar QB. But Allen himself is the result of that same mindset.

Happy, this is exactly right.  Exactly.  

I've been watching this happen for a couple of years now, and it's why I've been so optimistic about the Bills.   Others have seen it, too, I'm sure.  And I didn't really understand the power of this process until yesterday.  It was football on another level.  

So I was getting to the end of what you wrote, and got to "Well, that and our superstar QB."  The instant I read that, before I read another word, I thought "but Allen is the product of the same process."   Then I read on, and there it was.  

It's an amazing thing.  (And as I've been saying for a couple of years now, it's what the Patriots learned to do with their team, year after year.)

Edited by Shaw66
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/4/2021 at 11:34 AM, HappyDays said:

Dean Marlowe has been in as a substitute for injured safety before and played very well.

He was not picked on by QB like some of CBs were.