Josh vs Tua collegewise

On 12/27/2020 at 11:34 AM, 78thealltimegreat said:

Last night I was listening to one of the sports channels on Sirius. They where talking about Tua playing with like 8 first round picks on offense alone at Bama and should we be evaluating qbs also on who they where throwing to as part of the evaluation...

Then they brought up Josh and imagine his numbers if he played for say Urban Meyer at Ohio State. Saying there’s no way he’s there at 7 if he played for the Buckeyes or even Baker playing at Wyoming instead of Oklahoma no way he’s no1...found it interesting if we should start evaluating qbs on who else is on their team  

Also remember, the quality of the defenses are lower in Josh's college situation as well.

7 hours ago, Billy Claude said:

I don't know if Tom Brady doesn't belong on the list either.   He started every game his last two seasons at Michigan (though he did the weird platoon with Drew Henson) and led the big comeback win against Ohio State his last year.  I remember the UM fans complaining about the platooning when it seem pretty clear that the offense looked a  lot better with Brady than Henson.  Lloyd Carr was just in love with Henson's measurables.

Michigan isnt a dominate program.  They are a good school but never had the run of like Nebreska in the 90s, Miami in the 2000s, Carrols USC, or now Alabama. 

Edited by Mat68

4 hours ago, skibum said:

You would also have to factor competition into that kind of argument. An SEC QB has a lot of weapons to throw to, but they also have to play against blue chip defensemen. Like LSU cornerbacks, for example. I think it all comes out in the wash. 

Alabama is far superior in many areas.  Tua was throwing to 5 first rd picks on the feild at once.  LSU has a first rd Cb not the whole secondary.  Look at the last 5 years of LSU football.   Dominate with Burrough middling SEC team without.  Alabama has been dominate for a decade.