Systemic Corruption of the Mainstream Media

Being an election year, this topic is more important than ever. 

The article is a little old, but on the mark. 

Please discuss.......

Fighting Corruption in the Media    http://www.aalep.eu/fighting-corruption-media

"Corruption can occur in various forms in the media landscape. Types of corruption in the media can vary from the abuse of confidence or position when hiring or firing staff or making editorial decisions, inducting editorial content and by doing so influencing media coverage. Although there is limited research available on corruption in the media, there is anecdotal evidence that corruption in the media can manifest itself through various forms:...."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

10 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Being an election year, this topic is more important than ever. 

The article is a little old, but on the mark. 

Please discuss.......

Fighting Corruption in the Media    http://www.aalep.eu/fighting-corruption-media

"Corruption can occur in various forms in the media landscape. Types of corruption in the media can vary from the abuse of confidence or position when hiring or firing staff or making editorial decisions, inducting editorial content and by doing so influencing media coverage. Although there is limited research available on corruption in the media, there is anecdotal evidence that corruption in the media can manifest itself through various forms:...."

My colleague, who has been a lifelong Dem, just moved to "unaffiliated" and is finally starting to realize what I've been telling him about the media.  

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Doc said:

My colleague, who has been a lifelong Dem, just moved to "unaffiliated" and is finally starting to realize what I've been telling him about the media.  

One of my best friends did the same.

Nearly all of the people I know that are democrats have been caught in this branding trap that is perpetuated by the media.  As information become more readily available and people can start to consume information without the filter of the media, they are realizing how that branding is just propaganda.

• Like (+1) 1