VR the next best thing in player evaluation?

14 hours ago, Mango said:

I actually work with FB on their distribution for the enterprise product. It wasn't officially open to distribution until late March/early April. I have a "demo" unit that they gave me. It is a blast for sure, and super wild with how realistic it can be. I don't use it a ton now. You can watch NBA games court side which is super cool. I don't have any other experience with the other brands. 

IMO the consumer products are a bit of a novelty at the moment, and the product is not quite there yet. Probably a few years away. Commercially though, they are becoming more and more common place. The data on it is incredible for stuff like med school, where retention in watching a surgery is super low, I want to say single digits, but using VR med students are able to perform surgeries without assistance at something like 85% retention rate and no cadaver needed. 

Yeah, I get they're not quite there and not even really HD yet (although I think theyre at 720), and my original statement was always "I'll just wait until they release the Holodeck". But the few times I've used the Oculus (Oculi?) it's been pretty fun and amazing. I dont mind being an early adopter when it means it helps fuel the next generation of technology advancement.

My main beefs with the Oculus are: I dont give FB any business or access to my life right now and don't plan to ever again, and I already have the PS4 setup and games to play with it.

• Like (+1) 1