Where Is He Now? - Maurice Clarett

Gugny

My sister is friends with and went to school with (former, now retired) special teams ace, Mike Leach (TN, Chicago, Denver, Cards), and I've chatted with him on a couple of occasions.  Super nice guy.  Super intense.  And I've never seen such natural and freakish athletic ability up close until I met him.

So here's where this gets back on point: ol' Maurice was not well regarded in Denver and showed up to camp with "problems" that were interpreted to be booze and other substance abuse issues.  Leach didn't get into details but there was a lot of eye rolling on his part.  He did say that he and most of the team knew that the guy wasn't going to make it.

3 hours ago, dneveu said:

Everything I heard from someone who went to high school with him was that he was a scumbag.

Well he was a famous scumbag for his brief college career too.

Look, this guy was going to bust out of the NFL quickly no matter when or how he got in.  He was a one season wonder and then he spent the subsequent years ruining any chance at getting into the NFL, which, ironically, his hopeless case against the NFL was trying to help him with. 

He seems to have learned his lesson---and that is not that "you can't go up against the NFL". 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1