What would a T. White Extension look like?

3 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

You will see how much everyone loves him when he is on his new 90mil   5 year deal and has a down year with only 2 int’s.  I would honestly rather put my money on defense into DE and cover LB’s that can pass rush. I would sign average players on defense and let McD coach them up. I would put my 70 and 80 mil contracts into WR, O-Line and TE

Probably not a popular opinion, but I agree with it.  I do not believe it is worth spending big money on a DB, especially a zone CB.  If he was elite like a Deion Sanders, Troy P, or Ed Reed, I would consider; but Tre is not.  I like Tre and think he is very good, though for almost as many plays as he makes he gets burnt; D. Hopkins let everyone know about that.

It makes more sense in today's NFL to put the money into the front seven and rush the passer, plus that is where you stop the run.  Even if you don't get all the sacks you hope for, chances are you hurry the QB and he has to throw it away or makes ill advised throws.  A good front seven makes even a mediocre backfield look good.  WR's get the benefit of the doubt while the DB's get the PI flag; we've seen it too much on questionable calls - that don't get reversed.

• Like (+1) 1