Questions about tailgating

Whats the deal? We want to get there around 7am and word is that no lots in the vacinity are allowed to be open until 9am. Does anyone know if this is true? If so, do any of you guys have a solution for me?

MUCH THANKS TO THOSE WHO CAN HELP ME OUT

22681[/snapback]

Try to find a nice big privately owned lot near the stadium. We parked in one last year behind someones house that backed up to the field house at the Ralph. Had lots of room to party with.

yeah thats what i was thinking, but i heard that the OPPD are not allowing lots in a certain proximity to allow tailgating?

Also, does anyone know what happened to Rodney Trafford? #49 was on the practice squad last year and I dont know if he made it?

22702[/snapback]

Now, I'm not familiar with their "open container" law (if they have one in O.P.)... but last I knew, the O.P.P.D. doesn't have the right to tell private landowners whether or not they can turn their yards into parking lots.

I'm not sure about open container laws either, but i believe you can have open containers if you stay on the guy's yard, and its cool with him. Although, if they're that strict, they'll just threaten the owner with a noise ordinance violation or something stupid.

Now, I'm not familiar with their "open container" law (if they have one in O.P.)... but last I knew, the O.P.P.D. doesn't have the right to tell private landowners whether or not they can turn their yards into parking lots.

22730[/snapback]

I don't know exactly, but during one of my conversations with Hammer about TBD Tailgate V, he mentioned something about needing a permit for having parking at private homes so close to the stadium.

I don't know exactly, but during one of my conversations with Hammer about TBD Tailgate V, he mentioned something about needing a permit for having parking at private homes so close to the stadium.

22853[/snapback]

That actually wouldn't surprise me - with people making money, their local gov't needs to find a way to get their "cut", right?

What WOULD surprise me is if very many of those permit applications were denied. Deny one group of citizens, and that could open up a can o' worms for EVERYONE in town. Having some people over for a cookout, or your kid's birthday party? Better have a parking permit..... :doh:

And if they tried to impose serious restrictions (like setting lot-opening times to match RWS), methinks that could end up in court for a long, long time.

Then again, I also remember some of the Hammer's previous battles vs. the O.P. town board (like the time they were whining about a sign in his yard)..... so who knows?

yeah thats what i was thinking, but i heard that the OPPD are not allowing lots in a certain proximity to allow tailgating?

Where did you hear that??

My parents and the Barco's, the big mud lot behind Red Pinto Kenny, FOUGHT for the right to park on private property. They had to battle in the courts costing them some Big $$$$ I don't care if they shut somebody else down but they will NEVER shut me down.

If your drinking on PRIVATE property what can they do?

Noise, use common sense and keep it down till 8-8:30 am..

Folks, look at the bright side of the 9 am rule.

You can get almost three hours of sleep after the bars close on Chippewa street before heading to the stadium for your tailgate :-)

Whats the deal? We want to get there around 7am and word is that no lots in the vacinity are allowed to be open until 9am. Does anyone know if this is true? If so, do any of you guys have a solution for me?

MUCH THANKS TO THOSE WHO CAN HELP ME OUT

22681[/snapback]