THE ROCKILE REVIEW - A Walk in the Park

Shaw66

1 hour ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

“Josh Allen really seems to have lost his feel for the deep ball.  He missed McKenzie up the right sideline, and he overthrew Roberts badly deep down the middle.   Can he only complete those passes to Foster? Not sure Allen has ever had "great feel" for the long ball.  But I think he has been so scolded and abused about interceptions that his play is timid, and now he is throwing long passes that defenders have 0 chance on, but our receivers only have a 5% chance on. 

It’s a problem!

And thus far, when he throws them, NOBODY has a chance to catch them! 

Sooo... the best of all worlds is learn how to freaking throw then!

Next, throw them up- like every decent team does in a 1 on 1, be,Irving yiur guy is better!

OR.... stop bothering. It’s now become a wasted Down that the opponent knows is doomed to failure.

I gotta admit, I sort of feel the same you do.   But the truth is that if he's going to be the great QB I want him to be, he has to connect on an appropriate percentage of those balls.  

I actually think we've seen more rookie jitters in Allen this year than last year.  He plays like he's thinking too much, and he didn't play that way last year.