With my 4001st post I would like to announce

future is to purchase the Buffalo Bills from RW.

So RW, stay healthy and good so I have enough time to raise the $600 million needed to purchase the Bills.

Heh, everyone in life needs a goal. This is one of my mid-range goals.

296720[/snapback]

I wish we could all pool in for that, only corporations can own teams now (exception Green Bay). Go for it, but hurry, Ralph isnt staying on terra firma forever, I love him, but he is getting up there.

I wish we could all pool in for that, only corporations  can own teams now (exception Green Bay). Go for it, but hurry, Ralph isnt staying on terra firma forever, I love him, but he is getting up there.

296931[/snapback]

Not precisely. There is a loophole.

Your business can be investing and your investors be non-voting partners (it is a certain class of stock) but it could NOT just be an investment on the Bills. If Warren Buffet (sp?) wanted to start an investment partnership and had told you he was intended on buying the Bills as one of the partnetship's assets you could invest just not the same way as Green Bay. What the NFL definitely does not want is a Vikings with so many partners.

Not precisely.  There is a loophole.

Your business can be investing and your investors be non-voting partners (it is a certain class of stock) but it could NOT just be an investment on the Bills.  If Warren Buffet (sp?) wanted to start an investment partnership and had told you he was intended on buying the Bills as one of the partnetship's assets you could invest just not the same way as Green Bay.  What the NFL definitely does not want is a Vikings with so many partners.

296933[/snapback]

There you go G.Host. A non voting class of stock but a part owner none the less.