Canadian fans are advised to avoid ticketmaster

stuvian

I just learned that hard way that Canadian fans cannot sell their NFL tickets on Ticketmaster if they do not have an American bank account which would likely include most of us. Just another way that the NFL's corporate henchmen are ruining the experience from ticket purchase to socially engineered tailgate.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm guessing it's because ticketmaster.ca doesn't have the resale option with the NFL like Ticketmaster.com so they don't allow the use of foreign bank accounts. Probably also a way to stop fraud and scams.  Nice way to launder money by buying and scalping tickets and having the money sent to an offshore account.

I heard recently too that the Kijiji, (basically Craig's list here) has also (or will be) removing the section for re selling tickets on the site.

Scalping became a huge issue here because Tragically Hip fans were furious that people were getting tickets to their final tour here and reselling them for outrageous prices. Since then, they have been trying to impose multiple rules and regulations on reselling

• Like (+1) 1

9:16 PM
A Fan Support representative will be with you shortly. Check out our FAQs while you wait at http://help.ticketmaster.com/. We will keep your place in line, but if you find what you need please close your chat window. For your security, please also close the chat window if you step away or once your chat session ends.
You have greater than a 15 minute wait.
Phillip B. Connected
9:31 PM
I am trying to sell these tickets in my account. I can't get past the page where I choose the method of payment to guarantee for the buyer. When I choose a method of payment I click the button and nothing happens
9:31 PM
Phillip B.
This is Phillip.
What are you putting for payment Stuart ?

9:32 PM
when I try and post to sell tickets it asks for a method of payment as security for the buyer
I have several active cards under my account

9:34 PM
Phillip B.
Yes, where it says "If event is postponed or canceled" you have to put a credit card.
yes
Phillip B.
Where it asks "How do you want to get paid"? has to be a debit card or bank account only
9:36 PM
I live in Canada. Do you allow Canadian debit cards?
9:37 PM
Phillip B.
Ok, if you are in Canada youcan only use a Canadian bank account. However,
9:39 PM
does it have to be a US dollar account?
9:39 PM
Phillip B.
Yes. Tis event is in the US. You can only sell these tickets if you have a US bank account.
9:40 PM
I'm confused
You're telling me I can't sell these then?

9:42 PM
Phillip B.
No on TM. You might try Tickets Now.
9:42 PM
that's just terrible
can I get reimbursed?

9:43 PM
Phillip B.
I am sorry. The tickets you have purchased are Resale tickets. These are not part of TM inventory, but were sold on our web site by another fan. TM processes the order. Unfortunately, the tickets cannot be refunded or exchanged on TM. Many times they can be re-sold however, on Tickets Now.
9:44 PM
is there a cost if I transfer the tickets to some one?
9:45 PM
Phillip B.
No sir
9:48 PM
I am also a client on ticketmaster's canadian site. Are there resale options for me there?
I also have paypal. Does that qualify?

9:49 PM
Phillip B.
The same guidelines apply for resale, on either site
9:49 PM
Chat Ended

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 4:03 AM, stuvian said:

I just learned that hard way that Canadian fans cannot sell their NFL tickets on Ticketmaster if they do not have an American bank account which would likely include most of us. Just another way that the NFL's corporate henchmen are ruining the experience from ticket purchase to socially engineered tailgate.

You spoke to the wrong person. I'm Canadian. I sell some of my Bills and Seahawks tickets using Ticketmaster for the past 10 years or so. They pay me by cheques (In US funds though).