First Bills game you went to?

VABills

My first game was Nov. 24, 1991. It was a loss at Foxboro, 13-16. It poured most of the game. The Pats fans literally started ripping up seats in a section nearby in the fourth quarter. Thankfully I was seated near a bus load of Bills fans. Safety in numbers.

That day I swore I would never see another game at Foxboro.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My first game was Nov. 24, 1991.  It was a loss at Foxboro, 13-16.  It poured most of the game.  The Pats fans literally started ripping up seats in a section nearby in the fourth quarter.  Thankfully I was seated near a bus of Bills fans.  Safety in numbers.

296415[/snapback]

I went to the last regular season game at Foxboro. That place was a dump. The best thing that hapened during the game was when RJ got his shoulder seperated by Tubuckey Jones on a blitz. :huh:

I think it was 1992. The Bills played the Patsies at Rich. Very pedestrian game. Bills won it 17-14 i think. But, I will never forget my first step through the tunnel, seeing the field in person was like love at first sight.

One of the memorable experiences was parking my car in some guys back yard in a mud hole. I was having trouble getting out of the mud and a couple of helpful guys came over to push me out. They got coated in mud. My brother leaned over and said "It might help if you took off your emergency brake...Now just wave and say thank you."

My first game was Nov. 24, 1991.  It was a loss at Foxboro, 13-16.  It poured most of the game.  The Pats fans literally started ripping up seats in a section nearby in the fourth quarter.  Thankfully I was seated near a bus load of Bills fans.  Safety in numbers.

296415[/snapback]

That was my first Bills game too. I was in the corner/endzone and got to shake Cliff Hicks hand during warm-ups. Damn, that rain was cold..

I was 9 or 10.

Monday Night football. Buffalo verses Denver. Amazed at how big and how loud Rich Stadium was. I remember seeing John Elway, and wondering why everyone was booing him, because I liked John Elway.

I remember Jim Kelly throwing the ball, amazed that each pass was caught, because I was still learning how to catch a football myself, and I would drop quite a few.

We lost that game, but it was still an amazing experience.

Jaguars vs. Bills - Doug Flutie naked bootleg - crowd goes wild - I got really, really hooked...

296140[/snapback]

Because I live in Ohio, I can only go to one game a year... that was one of the games I went to. I was so pumped... jumping up and down. Giving high fives to drunk people I didn't even know. HAHAHA

It was 1972 or 73 in the brand new Rich Stadium (maybe not even called Rich at the time). Joe Namath and the Jets were in town. The Juice was runnin' behind the Electric Company.

My best friend and I got free tickets from his mom's company, and we got a bus from Sestak & Maguire's restaurant on our corner.

Lots of fun.

I was 9 or 10.

Monday Night football.  Buffalo verses Denver.  Amazed at how big and how loud Rich Stadium was.  I remember seeing John Elway, and wondering why everyone was booing him, because I liked John Elway.

I remember Jim Kelly throwing the ball, amazed that each pass was caught, because I was still learning how to catch a football myself, and I would drop quite  a few.

We lost that game, but it was still an amazing experience.

296506[/snapback]

Buckeye,

Was that the Throwback Weekend game in (9/26) 1994? I was at that game... my first in Rich Stadium. I though we won that game though.

I think it was 1998 Bills vs. Dolphins home game. Flutie vs. Marino, Dolphins were up 10 in the 4th quarter. Flutie led us back and we won, awesome game. I was 13 years old, after the game I met Jay Riemersma (really nice guy) and Thurman Thomas (just the opposite of Riemersma, was in a huge rush to get outta the stadium and definitely didn't want to sign me an autograph, but did anyways). I even saw our huge o-line coach then crack a six pack of beers in the parking lot after the win.

Awesome game, and I've been a seaosn ticket holder since the '02 season

It was 1972 or 73 in the brand new Rich Stadium (maybe not even called Rich at the time). Joe Namath and the Jets were in town. The Juice was runnin' behind the Electric Company.

My best friend and I got free tickets from his mom's company, and we got a bus from Sestak & Maguire's restaurant on our corner.

Lots of fun.

296516[/snapback]

Must have been 73 ... they were still at the Rockpile in 72.

Well since we seem to have a lot of OTs, let's have at least a Bills related post.  I know we have done this in the past, but when was your first Bills game. 

Mine was in the brand new Stadium in 1974 against the fish.  Of course everyone knows the outcome as it was the Bills playing the fish in the 70's.  :huh:

296036[/snapback]

The stadium opened in 1973 not 74. The first game I went to was in the 1st or 2nd week in November 1973 against the Bengals before they had those ugly stripes on their helmets. The Bengals kicked a last second field goal to break the tie and win the game but just before that OJ had thrilled the crowd, which he did quite a bit that year with a nice TD run.

November 1984- the 0-11 Buffalo Bills defeated the Dallas Cowboys 14-3. My Mom was fed up with them so she let her 6 year old son go to the game with his father and grandfather, I remember being SOOOO excited. 2nd play of the game Greg Bell runs 85 yards for a TD, the defense plays great and the Bills win, 6 year old spastic for 3 hours.

I was already hooked at that point, I usually listened on the radio (we didn't sell out much) with my grandmother and aunt while everyone else went to the game. The first game I remember watching (though I am sure I saw more) was the year before when the Bills beat the Dolphins in the Orange Bowl for the first time when Uwe Von Schaaman missed 2 FGs in OT and Joe Danelo knocked one through for the Bills win in Dan Marino's first career start.

The Bills are 57-17 in games that I have attended a .770 win percentage. I need to go more often, apparently I'm lucky.