Get bigger w/o steroids, realign 2nd stringers

Say what you want about the Patriots but one thing that you have to admire is the fact that they win not with athletes or position players, but with good old fashion FOOTBALL players. What a novel idea. Of course this is a copycay league, so what are we waiting for? Realigning our current roster could also help gain more independence in the upcoming draft. It would be more beneficial to have interchangable parts than one dimensional players. One of the most appealing qualities of this coaching staff is their willingness to be innovative. From slash players to sprinkles of the no-huddle offense. I applaud the Justin Bannan experiment, even if it flops. Here's some additional suggestions.

After the trade of TH, fill the back-up RB position with Josh Reed. The hype coming out of college was his ability of running after the catch. I don't want to be derogative so I'll leave it to your imagination where the promblem lies. Let's utilize his greatest attribute and minimize his shortcoming.

I really pulled for Coy Wire. His attitude, work ethic and positive image is unsurpassed. But man, the only way that guy could get an interception would be if the ball got stuck in his facemask. The guy likes to hit and he played LB in college. Throw 20 lbs. on him and let him back-up Fletcher and stay on STs. Shoot, after the weight gain he wouldn't be a bad option as a back-up FB. I not sure about how good our other back-up LBs are (mostly because you don't get to see them play that much), but who does? Point is, I'm not that impressed with Posey so maybe it's time for a changing of the guard. Let's see what the young guys (Haggan, Crowell and Stamer) can do.

Wire, I think, has shown that SS is a struggle. Gain some size and start grooming Sam Aiken for the position. The goal is to try and add size at the back-up positions

Jason Peters has a lot of versatility. From running in short yardage situations (goal- line), to TE/HB, to even being the back-up at the RG position.

I would love to find a way to draft that Matt Jones. Could you imagine the possibilities with this guy? Don't get me started.

We got athletes, I'd just like to see them be football players. If our current players could be versatile, then we could have more freedom in the draft. After the TH/Shelton trade our O-line should be set, and if our players would provide depth then we would just be drafting for future depth/starters. Under this format I would think that a CB would be our first pick and the rest would be the best player available.

i'm not sure how many of your ideas i like, but i like your premise. but any changes of this type are 100% dependent on the talent and creativity of the coaching staff, so we'll see what they can pull off. i do think that league-wide, we're about to start seeing a lot more players changing positions for the reasons you mentioned.

First off I would like to thank you for your response jester43. I won't profess that my theories are exact science, but I do want to advocate creativity. I obviously have an idea not the intricacies. I was hoping for some shouts from the Buffalo faithful for their creativity on ideas, formats and schemes. Things change and so will this game, league and athlete. I'm starting to think that I'm wasting people's time. I can promise you that that was never my intentions. What I will promise is that I will NEVER settle for complacency. If there will be no responses to this post then I'll just let this post die by not responding to it anymore. My hope is to be talking about this type of concept on the future of our franchise. Thanks.

IIRC, Josh Reed started out at LSU as a RB, but was switched to WR. Maybe that would play to his strengths. He certainly has not looked good (for a high 2nd round pick) playing WR.

Wire has played LB and RB successfully at Stanford, so I would hope they would look to experiment with Coy as well. Not sure about quickly putting 20 lbs on him, though. Likely to lose any quickness.

Aiken at SS? That is a stretch. He has always been a WR, as far as I know.

Jason Peters offers a lot of possibilities, especially clobbering the long snapper on punts! I'd like to see him block the punt a few more times!

And about wasting people's time?! Pshaw, man, that's why we are all here 24 hours a day!!!