[OT] Sweet Home High School Student

I think that's an excuse for people with their own agenda who want to censor what we watch and listen to, so they try to establish a connection to justify their views.  The vast majority of people who play those games or watch those shows don't commit crimes, just like the majority of legal gun owners don't.  The root cause is usually either the family life, being an outcast at school, or just plain mental problems.

292497[/snapback]

To an extent, I can't disagree with you. Still, I think some of the video games that have realistic looking people tend to desensitize younger kids, and maybe some older.

Our society really has no use for the counter culture more commonly called pop culture....which is an oxymoron, because it is the opposite of culture

Especially Dexter Terrace.....or did they already blow that up?

:o

292908[/snapback]

Dexter Terrace? First time I made out with a girl was on a hood of a car on Dexter Terrace - that street is a shrine to me. :w00t:

Because teasing is a new thing.  Just started happening.

293033[/snapback]

When I entered high school, the tradition of "freshman initiation" was still in vogue. Gangs of sophomores and up would physically restrain we frosh and mark us all over with lipstick - face, arms, clothing. Pretty funny.

But no wailing, hand-wringing, felony charges, lawsuits, etc. took place. No stabbings. No shootings. No media coverage. No action by the school principal. No grief counselors.

Went to school the next day. Ate my peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch without being accused of attempted murder.

Amazing.