Offensive line question

Perhaps this has been discussed previously but I don't understand why we didn't re-sign Marcus Price, extremely serviceable lineman and our reluctance to re-sign either Jonas or Pat. Yeah, I know their collective price tags were too much but I see gaps in both of our lines now with minimal experience at back up. Surely we can afford to slightly overpay to keep some continuity.

As far as I know, he hasn't been signed yet...so they could still choose to bring him back. He probably won't get signed in the near future - so when Donahoe calls his agent, he'll sign cheap just to get a job.

Perhaps this has been discussed previously but I don't understand why we didn't re-sign Marcus Price, extremely serviceable lineman and our reluctance to  re-sign either Jonas or Pat. Yeah, I know their collective price tags were too much but I see gaps in both of our lines now with minimal experience at back up. Surely we can afford to slightly overpay to keep some continuity.

289046[/snapback]

Obviously you haven't been reading the Board lately. TD purposely is ignoring the o-line because he wants to sabotage the team, so that the franchise can be bought up cheaply and moved to Toronto.

Oh, also, Bill Belicheck, Tom Donahoe, Scott Paoli, Sam Wyche, Mike Mularkey and Tom Clements, as well as the majority of Bills, Pats and Cowboys' fans, and the majority of posters here are all wrong and ignorant - as two or three geniuses who take the time away from their jobs as quantum physicists to post here have pointed out - Bledsoe is one of the greatest QBs of all-time and we screwed up royally by releasing him.

Obviously you haven't been reading the Board lately.  TD purposely is ignoring the o-line because he wants to sabotage the team, so that the franchise can be bought up cheaply and moved to Toronto.

Oh, also, Bill Belicheck, Tom Donahoe, Scott Paoli, Sam Wyche, Mike Mularkey and Tom Clements, as well as the majority of Bills, Pats and Cowboys' fans, and the majority of posters here are all wrong and ignorant - as two or three geniuses who take the time away from their jobs as quantum physicists to post here have pointed out - Bledsoe is one of the greatest QBs of all-time and we screwed up royally by releasing him.

289058[/snapback]

Oh, that explains it...silly me and here I thought we were making a mistake. Thanks Coach!! <_<

Perhaps this has been discussed previously but I don't understand why we didn't re-sign Marcus Price, extremely serviceable lineman and our reluctance to  re-sign either Jonas or Pat. Yeah, I know their collective price tags were too much but I see gaps in both of our lines now with minimal experience at back up. Surely we can afford to slightly overpay to keep some continuity.

289046[/snapback]

Yeah, I wish they would bring him back. He always played very good when he had to step in at either tackle spot, at least a solid backup. I heard a rumor of a possible knee problem and age.

I've liked his game in the past and always thought he was a very shrewd pick-up for the Bills. But last year I thought he looked just awful. I don't know if he was outofshape, injured or age has caught up with him but watching him creaking around made me feel bad for the guy and I think made the Bills realize they got everything out of him they were going to.

Props to Marcus for carving out a relatively lenghty NFL career but I get the feeling his day is done and that the Bills are wise to be moving in a different direction for their OTackle depth.

Cya

I wish we could add Barry Bonds, Arnold Schwarzeneggar, and Lance Armstrong to the line.

Think of what McNally could do with Arnold at center! I saw him get shot with a shotgun once, and he bounced right up and walked it off. Very durable.

Still, something tells me they wouldnt be in the league long.

The fact that Price is very injured and un-likely to play maybe the reason. Also Gandy is not really a starter but a clone of Price, plays many positions okay and is an adequate fill-in according to some around here. More then likely Gandy is Price and Price is just done for his career.

The fact that Price is very injured and un-likely to play maybe the reason.  Also Gandy is not really a starter but a clone of Price, plays many positions okay and is an adequate fill-in according to some around here.  More then likely Gandy is Price and Price is just done for his career.

289882[/snapback]

Good point about Gandy, I forgot about his versatility. I hope we're doing the right thing. If we take a step back with our line, especially with a young QB starting this year, will be our undoing.