If you are India - RUN

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Come to think of it, there aren't any other people making car bombs and blowing people up, anywhere.  It seems limited to the Muslim faith.  I'll probably get harrassed for this, but its how I feel.

289281[/snapback]

Ever hear about a place called Northern Ireland? Any harrassment you get is deserved.

It would seem to me that if Mother Nature wanted to !@#$ with someone, her motivation would be because someone was messing with her turf.

I'm fairly certain that India is not near the wasteful pollutant-crazy society that we are. I'm no tree-hugger, but we here in America mess with Mother Nature's domain more than anyone from Indonesia, I'm willing to bet. Unless, of course, the Indians don't think twice about throwing their fast food wrappers and drink cups to the side of the road so they can get washed down a sewer and sent into the ocean.

That's all I was saying. They may not be the most empathetic people in the world, but considering how much more advanced we are here, you'd think we wouldn't be such pigs. If Mother Nature had a bone to pick, it would surely be with us first.

289307[/snapback]

Actually, in India and China are some of the dirtiest cities I have EVER had the misfortune to be in. That doesn't mean anyone is deserving, per se. In India it is partly due to the post-colonial abandonment of infrastructure in mid-stream, though hopefully the tech boom is doing something to help them realize the value of their environment.

yeah, but they don't export that havoc to other countries.....

289343[/snapback]

Very true, but just responding to his post. Every human is capable of terror, it doesn't matter what race or creed.

Ever hear about a place called Northern Ireland?  Any harrassment you get is deserved.

289388[/snapback]

Repeat Post: The IRA Does not blow up things and kill people in other countries.

Or try to export their hatred thru the internet, Jihad Camps, state-control hate speech, etc...

Repeat Post: The IRA Does not blow up things and kill people in other countries.

Or try to export their hatred thru the internet, Jihad Camps, state-control hate speech, etc...

289405[/snapback]

...and the Inquisition was not terrorism :blink:

Muslim people get mad because we say they are terrorists.

But, there aren't many swiss, italian, french, german people hijacking airliners and flying them into building killing thousands.

There aren't very many Muslin people doing that either. 19 of them to be exact. And they're all dead.

CW

289405[/snapback]

Because it's not the scope of their struggle, whatever you believe about it. Islamic terrorists have a problem with Western society in general, hence the reason their acts of terror are more widespread. Sinn Fein has a website, by the way, and the IRA does train people. But it wouldn't make sense for them to act further than the UK because they have no bone to pick with the rest of the world.

So what the hell does this have to do with India, anyway?

Jesus.

...and the Inquisition was not terrorism :blink:

289408[/snapback]

So typical.

Yeah the Inquisition was a real B word, HUNDREDS OF YEARS AGO!!

Please try keep focus. Anything from the past 25 years, 50 years, or hell, I will even give you 100 years to look for some more counter points.

So typical.

Yeah the Inquisition was a real B word, HUNDREDS OF YEARS AGO!!

Please try keep focus. Anything from the past 25 years, 50 years, or hell, I will even give you 100 years to look for some more counter points.

289428[/snapback]

um ok- Oklahoma City, Columbine, ELF, ALF, Atlanta Olympics.....I could go on but not all terrorism is Muslim

um ok- Oklahoma City, Columbine, ELF, ALF, Atlanta Olympics.....I could go on but not all terrorism is Muslim

289436[/snapback]

Hardly the same scope as global, state-backed violence and hatred of other religions.

Let's see, it's been a slow week, but:

Three Wounded in Gaza Blast

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,151729,00.html

(thought there was a cease fire there. Hmm, time to blame the Jews again!)

Bomb hits Beirut's Christian area

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4385265.stm

Civilians flee Philippine clashes

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/4273879.stm

Indonesia support Osma

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Gua...donesia-toe.jpg

Please lets not forget about the protestants lovely acts of Bloody Sunday. Yet you fail to mention that, eh? :blink:

289433[/snapback]

Well, I was only posting on the fact that white Anglo-Saxons can commit terror as well. I am not getting involved in the politics of Northern Ireland. It seems as though repressed people act in terror, because it is their only "viable" option. Not that any civilized person views it as viable, but that is the way they think. The only way the war on terrorism will be won will be by either eradicating the opposition (impossible) or understanding their plight and fixing it (more plausible).

Well, I was only posting on the fact that white Anglo-Saxons can commit terror as well.  I am not getting involved in the politics of Northern Ireland.  It seems as though repressed people act in terror, because it is their only "viable" option.  Not that any civilized person views it as viable, but that is the way they think.  The only way the war on terrorism will be won will be by either eradicating the opposition (impossible) or understanding their plight and fixing it (more plausible).

289446[/snapback]

Ah, thats so much nicer than being unclear with a vague post. Thank you for clearing that up.

Also, for your insightful pessimism. :blink:

Ah yes, I post a nice little off topic about the earthquake and possible tsunami warning and you dorks had to turn into into mother nature stricking out at terrorists.

First off none of you has a clue WTF you are talking about and secondly you have no human compassion what so ever.

Hardly the same scope as global, state-backed violence and hatred of other religions.

289442[/snapback]

Just a little info to add to the debate:

Terrorist Incidents > by Target

Range: 01/01/1968 - 03/29/2005

Target/Incidents/Injuries/Fatalities

Abortion Related 5 2 2

Airports & Airlines 804 2382 2472

Business 3207 9434 4855

Diplomatic 2612 8398 1248

Educational Institutions 300 1179 425

Food or Water Supply 9 5 0

Government 2975 6144 2979

Journalists & Media 451 212 153

Maritime 135 263 140

Military 790 4263 1430

NGO 282 240 278

Other 1391 2130 1217

Police 1096 3277 2027

Private Citizens & Property 3658 13183 5326

Religious Figures/Institutions 700 4534 1504

Telecommunication 109 65 33

Terrorists 213 562 550

Tourists 231 1379 558

Transportation 851 11540 1922

Unknown 646 956 281

Utilities 630 286 173

TOTAL 21095 70434 27573

Terrorism Database

289405[/snapback]

I'm not claiming that the IRA (or the Orange for that matter) are on the same level as al-Quaida, but it's not entirely accurate that the IRA haven't commited terrorist acts outside of Ireland.