Ralph was only dissenting vote

millbank

Do any of the profits from the stadium go back into the state?

287310[/snapback]

I suppose the money coming from MTA's land sale does? I am not sure exactly how that's run and the land was an asset to begin with and could probably be sold for a high price to someone else anyway.

UConn..........It's nice that their are folks out there who actually still think the Super Bowl and it's associated events are for us fans.  Sorry the parties and most of the game tickets are for Corporate sponsors and the folks who run those companys.  And the great majority of those people want to pack warm weather clothes not boots, mufflers and chapstick.  Don't get me wrong I would love to see the game in Chicago, Buffalo or even Green Bay, but alas it won't happen.

287300[/snapback]

What other major sport puts its championship game on a neutral field? If it wasn't for the Bills coming out of it, I would say that the AFL-NFL merger hurt the game.

i just think it is wrong that no true northern stadium will ever host the Super Bowl as it basically discriminates against the northern states. I think it would great to have the game in the snow. Football is meant to be played in the elements, not indoors like tagliabue wants (where is the middle finger smilie  :doh: )

286722[/snapback]

The stadium being proposed for the Jets will have a retractable roof. No outside weather distractions for the Super Bowl in NYC.