How about Elton Brown at Guard

marck

I believe the best guard in this draft is Elton Brown of Virginia, he is 6'4 5/8 and 335 lbs and is great in space and a mauler in the running game.

If the Bills can pull off the Travis Henry for LJ Shelton trade with a swap of 2nd round picks, it is very possible that the Bills could get access to this guy.

Adding him to the mix along with Shelton, gives the Bills this offensive line for 2005.

LT - LJ Shelton 6-6 - 335

LG - Chris Villarrial 6-3 - 318

C - Trey Teague 6-5 - 300

RG - Elton Brown 6-5 - 338

RT - Mike Williams 6-6 - 360

All with the exception of Teague provide great drive blocking capability and Shelton has good feet so he should be able to protect JP's blind side, Brown and Williams could make up a dynamic force as power run blockers into 2010.

For depth the Bills would have Ross Tucker, Mike Gandy, Dylan McFarland and Jason Peters, along with Jon Donobros as the long snapper. I believe this line could be the key to a playoff season in 2005.

Thoughts and opinions.

I have read many draft reports and Elton Brown is rated as a 2nd round pick. I have also seen him play and my thought he would be perfect for Green Bay with the 24th pick in the 1st round. However because he is a guard, he may very well slip into the 2nd round and if the Bills can get up to Arizona's spot, he may be available.

And how, prey tell, do we pull this off. I live in Richmond and saw this guy a lot. You really think this dude is slipping to 2nd rd. If so, I'd actually watch the draft.

285855[/snapback]